Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July

I had an awesome 4th of July weekend!

Thursday I spent the day with my Mom and niece, Sam. We started out at Kohl's where both my Mom and I had the best luck finding clothes. I either find nothing or I find too much. I left with 2 dresses, 3 tank tops, a shirt and a new swimsuit top. And I have Kohl's cash to go back later this week and hopefully pick up some shorts.

After Kohl's I ran in Toys R Us to get the girls backpacks since they are having a sale. Haylee got Ariel and Natalee got Sofia the First. Then we went to see White House Down. SUCH AN AWESOME MOVIE!!! And not just because Channing Tatum is super hot, it was a really good movie.

While we were having our girls day, Josh took the girls to see Despicable Me 2 and they loved it. Then they went to get glow sticks for that night.

We ended up going to Schnepf Farms "event" this year (instead of parking in the neighborhood behind and watching the fireworks) and I don't think we'll go back.
They had a few vendors and like 2 bounce houses/water slides and that was it. The girls had fun eating cotton candy and playing with their glow sticks but when the fireworks started we kept getting covered with ashes and we weren't even close to the fireworks.
That and it took us 1 1/2 hours to get out of the parking lot. Next year we'll just park in back like we did last year.
Friday we left for our 3rd annual Staycation in Scottsdale. We stayed at Scottsdale Links this year and I loved their new pool.
It is huge, salt water and heated.
They have a separate adult pool and they also have a pretty big Jacuzzi. The room was smaller than the Scottsdale Mirage but the pool made up for it.
Us 4, my Mom, Sam and Jen were there and we spent most of the time eating and swimming.
We made cute little festive desserts and BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs and brought along all the fixing-corn on the cob, beans, chips, fruit, veggies and dip and pasta salads.
We played games, drank Seagram's and when Natalee napped Saturday Sam and I went shopping.
 
It was a fun weekend but definitely not long enough.

0 comments: