Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Last Day of Kindergarten

It's crazy to think Haylee girl has been out of school almost 2 weeks. She loved Kindergarten and loved her teacher Mrs. Lukens. She already misses her friends and her teacher and I am missing the routine we had everyday. But this summer has been great so far and we have a lot of things to keep us busy; swimming lessons, Summer Movie Fun, our 3rd annual staycation in Scottsdale, a week long summer camp for Haylee and anything else we can find to do inside.

I kept up with the traditions I started last year and I know Haylee is going to love all the memories when she gets older. She already likes to sit and look through her yearbook that all of her friends signed (I also taped photos of her with friends and family at her graduation) and the folders I kept of special mementos and some of her school work. When she was in preschool I kept everything she did but this year I just kept all her tests and assessments.

These are the traditions I hope to keep up with every year-

*A collage of her first day of school, last day of school and with her teacher.

*Graduation day certificate with hand print. She actually made one at school this year.
 
*We filled out the Kindergarten section in her recordable book and recorded her sweet little voice talking about her school, friends and teacher.
 
*Last day of school picture with favorites.
*A letter from us saying how proud we are of her and how much she learned this year. We also got her some of her favorite candy and a necklace and earrings set.
 
*I also took the Oh the Places You'll Go book in so her teacher could write her a sweet message. I love that her teachers love her so much!
 
I forgot to take a picture but for her teacher I put together a cute summer gift that included a magazine, beach towel and cute summer tumbler. Inside the tumbler I put M&M's and a Sonic gift card. I tied it all together with a ribbon and a note that said "School's out summer's here thanks for all you've done all year." I got the idea from here.
 
In 2 months my little girl will be a 1st grader!
 



0 comments: