Monday, May 21, 2012

Last Day of Preschool


Today was Haylee's last day of Preschool with Mrs Brianne. I have to admit, I got teary-eyed.....twice. Once when I read what her teacher wrote in her book and once when I picked up Haylee and saw her teacher starting to lose it. Poor Haylee girl just put her head down and went right to the car and got into her seat. She was very sad. I assured her that we will keep in touch with her teacher and probably see her and some of her friends next year at Legacy. Haylee wants me to print the picture of her and her teacher out so she can have it and she said whenever she misses her teacher she will wear her necklace she got today (details below).

Today they had a Movie, Popcorn and Pj Party! That is why you see Haylee (and her teacher) wearing pjs in the pictures below. They watched the Lion King and had popcorn, candy and Capri Suns. They got to bring a pillow, blanket and stuffed animal too. Haylee had a blast!

I saw so many awesome ideas on Pinterest for the last day of school and I am so excited I was able to do a few. These are traditions I'd like to do every year.

*Make a collage print of Haylee on the first day of school, the last day of school and with her teacher.

(the sun was in Haylee's face)
*Graduation Day Certificate with Hand Print
*Recordable Book (above). I asked Haylee questions about Preschool and recorded 40 seconds of her sweet little voice to remember how cute she sounds.

*Last Day of School Picture with Favorites
*Oh the Places You'll Go Book. Her teacher wrote the sweetest thing about Haylee. It actually made me cry.

*Letter From Us & Gift. I wrote Haylee a letter about how much we love her and how much she has grown in the last year. I talked about her different likes and things she does that make us laugh. We gave her a hand stamped necklace that her teacher made for her that has her name and a princess crown charm. Daddy also brought her home some balloons.
I also found the gift ideas on Pinterest as well. We made little candy bar wrappers that say "owl miss you" and I wrapped those around little Hershey Miniatures. I also found cute treat bag toppers so I used those too. It turned out so cute and Haylee even wrote each kids name on it along with hers. We got her teacher a M&M Tumbler with M&M's, a Poem and a Target Gift Card.
I can't believe in 2 1/2 months I will have a Kindergartner! Oh, and Natalee will be in Mrs. Brianne's class in just 2 years. Yikes!

0 comments: