Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012

2012 seemed to be a heartbreaking year for many. Many losses, tragedies and just sadness. Losing Jackson was horrible. We are heartbroken and plain sad, but we have also been very blessed this past year so I will try to remember the good.

January- Marked 13 years since my Dad died. I so wish my Dad was here to love on his granddaughters. I hope he takes good care of Jackson for me. Sam turned 18 and Hannah turned 6. We spent time at the mall, the library and I did my first photo shoot.

February- Josh and I had a weekend getaway to Vegas. Spent time at the zoo and the park. Took the girls to the AZ Museum for the Youth, had dinner with Shari and family, went to the Lost Dutchman Carnival and had a family dinner and game night with my family.

March- The day after Jackson's 10th birthday my Mom noticed his tumor came back. Took him to the Vet where we were told he had a Mast Cell Tumor. Took the girls to see The Lorax, went to Chuck E Cheese, had a lot of fun at Merrill Ranch Carnival, Danielle turned 17 and we spent a lot of time playing outside.

April- Jackson had surgery and we were told his tumor was a grade 3. Our lives were turned upside down. Haylee started soccer, I enjoyed a Girls Night Out and saw "The Lucky One", and we took Haylee girl to see Chimpanzee. Natalee turned 2 and had a Minnie Mouse party and then dislocated her elbow the following day. I now know how to pop it back into place should it happen again.

May- We took Jackson on his Make A Wish trip to Kohl's Ranch, Josh spent a week in Florida for a Dish Network Convention and Josh turned 30! Josh and I celebrated 9 years of marriage, I took Haylee to see Pinkalicios at Broadway Palm and Haylee finished preschool. We went to a Dbacks game, went bowling and spent time in Fountain Hills for a late Anniversary celebration. We took the girls to Enchanted Island, went to our first Summer Movie Fun at Harkins and went swimming in our pool out back.

June- We started going to Mission and LOVE it! Haylee participated in a summer craft club and had so much fun. Haylee went to the dentist, we had breakfast with Roxie and I turned 29. Josh took me to Kooza for my birthday, the girls started swimming lessons and Haylee turned 5 and had a Hello Kitty party. We took Haylee to see Madagascar 2, went to the circus and took Haylee to see Rapunzel at Hale Theatre.

July- Took the girls to Jambo's, watched the fireworks at Schnepf Farms and spent a weekend in Scottsdale soaking up the sun poolside. Josh and I joined LA Fitness, the girls went up to the mountains with Grandpa and Dustin and Josh and I saw a couple movies. We had dinner at Shari's and took the girls to Chuck E Cheese's again.

August- We swam at Aj Pool, Haylee and Daddy went to see Snow White at Hale Theatre and Haylee started Kindergarten at Legacy. We went up to the mountains for the day to celebrate Dad's birthday, went to the gym and took the girls to Big Surf. Mom and I got pedicures and went to California for a Mother-Daughter trip.

September- Mom and I walked around Venice, were scared to death at Six Flags and went to see Iris in Hollywood. Haylee recited the Pledge of Allegiance at school, Josh and I went to Studio Movie Grill for date night and Natalee finally got the hang of potty training.

October- We took the girls to Knott's Berry Farm, the Beach, Disneyland and California Adventure. Sweet Jackson went to Heaven taking a piece of my heart with him. Very Rough Month. Took the girls to Mother Nature's Farm, Haylee cheered at a Skyline game and Jody adopted a sweet little girl. Went to Dewitt Stables, the fair and a Hot Air Balloon Spooktacular where the girls trick or treated. Josh took the girls to a Daddy-Daughter event at Chickfila, we had a yard sale, I painted the girls bathroom and redecorate it and our little witch and batarina went trick-or-treating. Sam came and kept me company for the month and I am so thankful we were able to stay busy because it was a sad month for all of us.

November- Mom and I kicked off boutique season, Natalee went to the dentist for the first time and loved it and we took Haylee to see The Little Mermaid at QCPAC. I had a Shutterfly House Party, Haylee performed during Skyline's Dance Concert, we went to a fall carnival at Bush and spent time with Papa Jim and Grandpa Kris. Josh and I celebrated 11 years of being together (early) at the Melting Pot, spent Thanksgiving Day with Josh's family and hit the stores for Black Friday.

December- We took Dustin and Jen to their first Cirque Du Soleil show "Dralion", went to Glendale Glitters and I gave Jody a shower. We took the girls to Polarfest, the Celebration of Christmas and went to a pancake breakfast at Haylee's school. Haylee went to the dentist, we went looking at Christmas lights and had Mother-Daughter baking day. We attended Christmas Eve service at Mission and spent Christmas Eve at Kaysi's with Josh's family. Santa came and spoiled us all, we spent Christmas afternoon at my Mom's with my family and then we all got sick. No partying for us this year, the girls went to bed around 10:30 and Josh passed out before the ball dropped.

I really hope that 2013 is a better year for our family. I look forward to our cruise in May and our trip to Maui in October. I'm praying for better health and a lot of happiness and no more loss.

0 comments: