Thursday, November 29, 2012

Catching Up...Again!

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I last blogged. And, I don't even have a good excuse. Ok, we've been busy.

Haylee has been busy practicing her hair stylist techniques on her sister. She decided to take scissors to her sisters hair and I found 5-6 "clumps" all around her room. I would have never guessed Haylee would do something like that! Good things she didn't cut of those beautiful curls, I would have died!

Natalee has been busy being a terror. She was doing so good for awhile and now she is into everything again! Everytime I turn around she is getting into something or making a mess. Today she was in the pantry drinking syrup, I'm gonna go insane!

Josh has been busy putting up Christmas lights outside. He works so hard to make our house look festive and we appreciate it so much!

I have been busy cleaning up after the girls, taking pictures of jewelry and posting it on Ebay, making dinner, shopping, helping Haylee with homework, making lunches (Josh's), decorating the inside of the house, making a photo book of my memories of Jackson, planning vacations, mailing out baby shower invites, trying out my new vacuum and all the other duties that come with being a work from home stay at home mommy. And some days I even get a nap!

Since it's the season for sickness it's not too surprising both girls have had lingering colds now for a few weeks. Nothing major, just the annoying congestion and cough. I think Haylee is just about better so Natalee should be good to go soon also.

2 weeks ago we started another crazy, busy time period. Haylee performed at Skyline's dance concert as part of the cheer fundraiser. She had a blast and looked so adorable on stage shaking her butt!
That Saturday my Mom and I started the day at the Pecan Creek Boutique which is one of our favorites. They have the cutest stuff and so reasonably priced. I picked up a card there from a lady who makes pumpkin rolls and we decided to have that for our Thanksgiving dessert and boy was it yummy! Of course I had to buy a special present there from Brianne and Haylee picked out a cute bow. My Mom bought a Chic Headband and a cupcake :) I was gonna buy some vinyl sayings from a girl but I got overwhelmed with all the cute sayings and couldn't decide which ones to get. Happens often.

Papa Jim and Grandma Kris came down to see us that same weekend. We spent all day Saturday with them and went to lunch at Serrano's. After Natalee's nap we went to the park and the girls had a blast going down the slide with Papa. Haylee was so upset when they left. She cried for almost 2 hours. I rarely see her that upset, guess she is a Papa's girl. I promised her a trip to Vegas soon so she could spend more time with them. I booked our hotel Monday and can't wait to go!
That same weekend Josh and I went to the Melting Pot to celebrate our Anniversary. I bought a deal off Living Social and it expired the end of Nov. so we celebrated a few weeks early. We always celebrate Dec. 9th since it's the day we met and have been together ever since! Melting Pot was yummy and my favorite part was the chocolate fondue. They give you so many different things to dip and we are usually so stuffed we can barely move!
My old neighbor (and friend) Jody finally got her adoption call last month and brought home a beautiful little girl they named Sabrina. She is so tiny and oh so cute! I've been trying not to get baby fever since I am practically the only one NOT pregnant right now (which I am totally fine with). Anyways, I am honored to be giving her a shower soon so I have been working on invites and all the fun things that come with throwing a shower.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We spent Thursday with Josh's family and had dinner at his Mom's house. Since Black Friday now starts on Thursday, we left there around 6pm to drop the girls off at home and head to Walmart. I was so surprised that I got everything on my list and I was checked out 8 minutes after the sale officially started! Following Walmart we stood in line at Target until they opened at 9pm and then got a few things there too. I thought Target kinda sucked this year. They didn't have much inventory at all but I was happy they did have the bike we wanted for Haylee girl. Round 2 started at midnight when Kohls opened and my Mom and I tackled that store! I really wanted boots for me and Haylee and apparently so did everyone else and their Mom. The shoe section was insane. I got my vacuum and a shirt for each girl and called it quits for the night. I was too tired. Josh and I finished up Black Friday with round 3 in the morning. We went back to Kohls where I successfully found boots for both me and Haylee along with Christmas dresses for the girls and a couple other things. Then we went to Old Navy and I got the girls shirts for $4 each. Definitely my new favorite store to buy the girls clothes! All in all we had a successful Black Friday. Here's my proof minus a bike and pink guitar that is hidden at Mom's.
The following day my side of the family gathered at my Mom's to celebrate Thanksgiving. Only Dustin, Hannah and Danielle came since Jen and Sam had to work. The only picture I took was of my yummy dessert. I had to try a little of everything- pecan pie, pumpkin roll and peppermint pie. It was all so so so good!
Tuesday I kidnapped Sam on her day off since Natalee has had Sami Sami withdrawals. We took the girls to the mall where they saw Santa. Natalee didn't hesitate at all. She went right up to him, he sat her on his lap and she told him she wanted "toys" for Christmas. After a few minutes she gave him a hug and hopped down. Haylee seemed a little nervous but she got on his lap and told him she wanted a "mermaid tail".
The girls played in the play area, ate their free Chick-fil-a meals (from Santa) and rode the carousel. They had a lot of fun.
This week has been pretty low key but when this weekend hits the craziness will return!!

0 comments: