Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tis the Season

We started putting up our Christmas tree and decorations the day after Thanksgiving! I love Christmas so I like to enjoy all the decorations as long as possible. I love being able to sit on the couch next to our lite tree, fireplace on and drink cocoa. Hopefully I find a minute or two to do that very soon.

It's been hard for me lately going into this holiday season without Jackson. I did okay when I pulled out his stocking, I held back the tears when I saw his ornaments and the pictures we have with him from years ago, but I lost it when I opened the final tub and saw his dog bone wreath sitting on top. I had totally forgotten about that. I sure miss my little boy.

We had lots of helpers this year and the tree went up fast!

I put the ornaments on the next day while Natalee took a nap because I knew she'd want to help and I knew it'd be a disaster. Don't get me wrong, she is a wonderful helper with a lot of things but decorating a tree with breakable ornaments doesn't sound ideal.
The girls love the train which I knew they would. Natalee loves choo choos and thankfully she watches it like a good girl and mostly listens when I tell her not to touch.
I  bought these cute trees the day after Christmas last year and the girls love them. They decorated them all by themselves and my OCD is going a little crazy not being able to "fix" the ornaments (so they cover the entire tree) :)

Pictures of Josh's masterpiece outside are still to come!

0 comments: