Friday, November 9, 2012

Ramblings {Catching Up}


It's been awhile since I've rambled (on my blog at least) so I figured I'd get caught up on what we've been up to the past month.
 
I got the girls matching pink Converse at Kohl's and I absolutely love them. They are so adorable.
We made it to the fair this year and thanks to Uncle Richard we didn't have to pay for parking or to get it!!! We went on $2 rides and games night so we were able to have lots of fun for a little money!
Josh and the girls went to Chick-fil-a one night for the Daddy-Daughter Night. They ate dinner, visited with the cow (wearing a pink tutu) and brought home princess wands and candy.

I turned my favorite family picture into a canvas and I LOVE it! This is a very special picture to me. It breaks my heart that our family is no longer whole but the 5 of us will all be together again someday and eternity will be wonderful.
Our community had a year sale so I decided to stick some of our stuff outside and I'm sure glad I did. We made $120 in just a couple of hours.

One night we went to downtown Mesa for 2nd Friday and we saw this awesome statue. Natalee loves Humpty Dumpty and she was so excited to get her picture with him!
The boutique season is finally here and we kicked the season off by going to Cornerstone's Believe Boutique last weekend. This is one of my favorites. It's huge and has so many vendors. The only problem is, I get overwhelmed by all the cute stuff and I end up leaving with only a few small things :(
 

Every since I read the "Rainbow Bridge" poem rainbows have a whole new meaning to me. I think of my sweet boy everytime I see one. Shortly after Jackson passed away I noticed every morning around 7:30am a rainbow appears on our tile. It's only there till around 7:45am when I take Haylee to school. By the time I get home it's gone. I'd like to think of it as a reminder that Jackson is watching over us and loves us so much. It's a perfect way to start my day.
Last weekend Kaysi and I displayed Grandpa's jewelry at our first fine arts festival. We didn't do as well as we hoped but we're gonna give it another shot and see if it goes any better. Kaysi has been slowly handing the jewelry business over to me and come January I'll be running it all. Kaysi has been selling Grandpa's jewelry on eBay for a few years now and it's been a pretty successful store. Now that I have started taking over, I am branching out to Etsy, trying a few jewelry shows and our items will be featured on a 3rd website shortly. It has been fun to learn everything and it definitely keeps me busy. I love working from home!
 

Natalee is taking after Haylee and is the newest Princess in town. She loves to dress up with Haylee girl and wear all the dresses she is growing out of. I sure love my little girls!
Josh has finally transitioned into his new position at work and so far he likes it. Right now he's still trying to figure everything out and more or less "create" his position and the responsibilities he'll have. Come the 1st of the year everything will be in full swing including a better raise and bonus opportunities!
 
Josh brought in an envelope that was on the front door the other day and to my surprise it was a beautiful hand stamped necklace with Jackson's name on it. It made me cry. Inside was a note that read "I stamped this the day Jackson passed away.." and "...I wanted to give you a little something so you could keep him close to your heart." It was from Haylee's preschool teacher Brianne. She is the sweetest lady I know and that was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I absolutely love it and it means so much to me.
Last but not least, my sweet little smarty pants made Principle's Pride AGAIN this grading period. She got all O's on her report card. To celebrate we are taking her to see Little Mermaid tonight at the QC Performing Arts Center.
 
Happy Friday.


0 comments: