Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Me and the girls got to spoil Josh yesterday and let him know just how much we love him and appreciate all he does. When we woke up I took the girls to go grab breakfast. Then when we got home I told him to close his eyes and I brought his gift in.
Josh has been wanting golf clubs for quite some time and I always argued he'd never use them. Saturday he mentioned some on craigslist but I acted like I wasn't paying attention. Well after some investigating I found the ones he was talking about, contact the guy selling them and went to pick them up before I dropped the car off for an oil change. Pretty sneaky. He's pretty excited.

Our girls love their Daddy. They have him wrapped around their little finger and he wouldn't have it any other way.
Aside from the golf clubs, Josh was given the gift of taking a nap that afternoon. Jackson was so excited to take a nap wth him!
That evening we went to Sonic to get our Free Root beer Float and then I ran in Fry's to grab a swimming pool. I wanted something big enough to hold the 4 of us and something we could lean against and relax without the sides caving in. I found a simply blow up pool that's perfect and I only paid $25. We spent an hour + swimming around and having a fun time.
Of course, memories of my Dad were close to my heart all day. I will say it does get easier with time but I miss him so much and I just wish he was here so I could give him a big hug and tell him how much I love him. Man I can't wait to see him again someday.

I'm thankful for all of the father figures in my life and especially for Josh's Dad Jim. He raised Josh to be the wonderful man he is and I am so thankful for that. He is a wonderful example of a loving Dad and dedicated Husband. I am so glad Josh followed in his foot steps.

Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: