Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings

Haylee had her 1st soccer game last Saturday and they won 7 (or 8, lost track) - 0! Haylee kicked the ball the whole way down to the goal twice and made a goal once. We were so proud of her! It's like once she got out there and realized what you do she was totally into the game. I think we may have a soccer star in the family :)

Saturday night Kayanne watched Natalee (and Natalee said she had fun) and we took Haylee out to dinner at Someburro's and then to see Chimpanzee. It was a cute movie. Haylee loves all the Disney Nature Films but they don't keep her attention as well as "regular' movies such as The Lorax, Chipmunks etc. I about died when I saw a small popcorn was $5.75!!!! We usually go to Harkins and have the cup and tshirt so we pay $2 for 2 drinks AND a popcorn!!! I can buy 12 boxes of popcorn for $6 right now at Fry's. Never again. Sticking with Harkins.

Sunday was my much needed girls DAY out. My Mom and I left the house around 11am and didn't get home till after 7pm. It was a W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L day. We started at Starbucks, then went to Kohls, the 99 Store, Chili's for lunch and then Toys R Us to finish shopping for Natalee's birthday. After that we went to see the much anticipated movie, The Lucky One. LOVED it! Very similar to the book except the book obviously had more detail. Although I never thought of Zac Efron as good looking, he was smoking in this movie! The best part was the preview for the movie Magic Mike coming out with Channing Tatum as a stripper. Are you kidding me? I am so there opening night!!! I am so thankful Josh willingly kept the girls for me (and didn't complain once) so I could enjoy a day out. He's the best!

Natalee started a new project of taking down her wallpaper. That wallpaper has been up for over 5 years in the "nursery" but Natalee apparently doesn't like it anymore. So anyone who has a tip on removing wallpaper I'd love to hear it! We're gonna put chair rail up and turn her room into more of a toddler/big girl room. Our baby days are over around here.

Josh had to send in some information on the girls height, weight etc for insurance. I had to laugh because Haylee only weighs 5 lb. more than Natalee and she is 3 years older than her. She is so petite I guess you could say.

I am so not loving the record breaking temps we've had this week. 105 on Sunday and 103 on Monday. No thank you! Yesterday was actually beautiful around 6pm or so. Josh mowed the yard, our backyard was shaded by then and I sat outside playing ball with Jackson while the girls played and the turtle walked around eating grass. That's the life.....until I started getting bit by mosquitos. Party foul.

We have been taking walks every night with Jackson and he loves up. He still gets so excited everytime I pick up his leash. He is so wound up I have a hard time putting it on. No lack of energy on his part for sure.

Natalee is still having issues with her naps. Ever since last Monday she has been taking short naps and waking up screaming/crying. I have tried everything- making her room darker (it's like nighttime in there), giving her a bath, giving her tylenol thinking her teeth are bothering her etc. Nothing has worked. Poor baby girl.

Things are in full swing around here getting ready for a special little girls 2nd Birthday! It's been a busy week and it's only gonna get crazier!

0 comments: