Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Ramblings

Today was one of those days. You know, the one where before you even leave the house you know you're gonna have problems, and by the time you get home you're just done. Sometimes I wish I didn't use coupons, but I love the savings and even though it's a pain in the butt sometimes I'll keep using them. The hardest part is remembering how I use to be able to get an entire cart of groceries for $20, but now $20 only gets me a few necessities. Grocery prices are rising, stores are cracking down on their coupon policies and overall I think the Extreme Couponing show has ruined it for everyone. Sad. Anyways, I had problems at Walgreen's buying Natalee Advil infant drops, problems at Fry's because the cashier missed ringing up an item so my "mega" was off and I had to go to CS for a $5 refund and then there was Safeway....what didn't go wrong there. I hate Safeway 90% of the time. I feel good that I got the girls some healthier snacks today like Gogurt, Quakes and Danimals Smoothies. They are happy little campers.

I wanted to remember that we took Natalee to her 1st Movie-Winnie the Pooh, last Saturday and we actually stayed the entire time. Not that is was an easy task, but with the help of popcorn, raisinets and fruit snacks we made it till the end. She watched about 3/4 of the movie and then she was no longer really interested. I think we'll wait a little bit longer before we try again.

Her last bottom tooth finally popped through Friday. That means all 4 cuspids have popped through and are growing in, poor girl.

Since Thursday Natalee has been waking up screaming in the morning and from naps. She has also been crying at bedtime when I put her down. I don't know if this is related to teething (she doesn't act like her teeth are bothering her) or if she had a bad dream. Either way it's very sad. That's definitely not Natalee, she has been an awesome sleeper since she was about 3 months old so I know something is going on. Thankfully tonight she did not cry when I put her to bed so I am hoping things are getting better.

Josh and I had a little date night last night and went to see The Change Up. It was hilarious. I think I laughed out loud several times!

Josh has been on call since Friday and he had an 8 am service call today. On the way home he stopped to buy me flowers. I teased him that he must have known he was in the dog house and he jokingly replied "no, actually I was planning on going to my friends to watch football all day." Hahahahaha, yeah right! He was just being thoughtful and I think that's the 1st time I've gotten flowers "just because" in a long time. He's a keeper!

Haylee brought home a Scholastic book order from school and I was so happy to order her some new books. I just placed our first order and I bought her some learning to read Princess books.

I can't wait till next Sunday, we are taking Haylee to see Dolphin Tale. That looks like such a cute movie.

Haylee is such a good girl. She really helps me out a lot. Natalee has been a handful lately and it's made me realize what an easy child Haylee is. She does have an attitude sometimes, but most of the time she is so sweet and helpful. I love her so much.

I love how she comes in my room every morning around 7am and falls back to sleep with me. She loves to sleep with us on the weekends too. I can't imagine the days when both girls are sleeping with us!

I started birth control tonight. Just making sure I don't get pregnant since our current insurance won't cover it, and ya know, I have my hands full with Natalee at the moment and I'm kinda thinking I may never be able to handly anymore :) I have never been one to be on birth control. It usually makes me feel crappy and I stop taking it. I've never really needed to take it before except to help with my cysts, so we'll see how it goes.

I guess this has turned into more of a Sunday Ramblings post but I'm just trying to get caught up.

Dreading tomorrow.....Monday's are never fun.

1 comments:

Beka said...

since i have time to comment:

sounds like you need a break:) i'm glad Josh is so thoughtful

we need to get together sometime!!

thats crazy about the whole couponing"stuff"! But just think about all you learned and saved this & last year (or however long you did it:) You were on fire!!!

i'm glad Haylee is such a good helper:) my boys have their "moments" when they are but usu i have to "strongly" urge them to help:) maybe its my fault. i dunno

its hard when their sleep patterns get all messed up and you don't know what the cause is...my twins seemed to be like that- they always screamed out a bunch while little, then would do go good, then go back, weird- Owen is my BEST sleeper by far. The twins are better now but still have bad dreams sometimes

i'm excited to get my scholastic order too!! i went crazy since the books are SOOOO cheap- i'm hoping i can't save most till Christmas and/or bday:)

have you looked into and IUD? most people LOVE them, but i dunno if your cyst would complicate that. But those are good birth control for like 5-10 yrs...just an idea:)