Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th

When I think about today, my heart is heavy.

I was reading through articles online and it just brings back all the sadness I felt on September 11, 2001. I was glued to the tv all day in disbelief as I watched news stations giving continuous updates of the attacks on our country. I can't believe it's been 10 years. It angers me to think about what al-Qaeda did.


2,977 innocent people lost their lives that day. As of August 2011, only 1,631 victims have been identified. Think of all of those families who still don't know exactly what happened to their loved ones.

It is amazing how many people risked their life that day to help others, and how many people have risked their lives to fight for our country every day since. They are all heroes. God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home!

0 comments: