Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oktoberfest & Dolphin Tale

We went to the Oktoberfest out here in San Tan Valley this past Saturday. Josh set up his Dish Network/Directv booth and had the best cutest little helper!

She really is a good helper. She supervises the spinning wheel and hands out prizes.
My mom, Natalee and I went to Sharron's wedding reception and then we went down there to join in the fun. They had a ton of vendors, bounce houses, a rock wall, games, petting zoo, hay maze, pony rides and other fun things for kids to do. My girls being the animals lovers they are, wanted to go in the petting zoo and ride the pony. So for $1 each (super cheap) they went in the petting zoo to feed the goats, turtles, donkey, pony and cow.



They also got to pet a bunny and squeeze a chick. Sadly, Natalee did squeeze a baby chick and then she was hysterically crying and it was time to exit the petting zoo.
Next, the girls rode the pony (also $1). This was Natalee's first pony ride and I was surprised she didn't like it. She hung onto me as I walked along side the pony. The rest of the night we walked around, got our face painted and bought bows and cotton candy. Fun, cheap, family entertainment!



On Sunday, we took Haylee to see Dolphin Tale. Based on the true story of Winter the dolphin, this movie was wonderful. We all 3 loved it. You can go to seewinter.com and see Winter on the live web cam. I was thinking about going to the aquarium where the movie was filmed and where she lives in Florida but it's not very close to Orlando so I don't think we'll make it. I want to see this movie again though, because it was so good.

I love this time of year. Fall in Arizona doesn't mean cooler temperatures or changing leaves, but it means pumpkin patches and family fun! I love busy weekends and I think last weekend was the start of our busy season that runs till after the first of the year. I sure love the holidays!

It's hard to believe we leave for vacation in 3 1/2 weeks. It's also crazy to think Christmas is less than 3 months away. Yikes!

0 comments: