Thursday, September 29, 2011

Natalee my lil' devil.

The last 2 days have brought new adventures for Natalee around here. Yesterday while I was vacuuming, she managed to crawl up onto the chair in the dining room and onto our high top table. I found her sitting there playing with the decorative balls I have it a big glass bowl. I didn't have time to run and grab the camera because I was afraid she was gonna fall and break her neck, otherwise I would have documented it.

Today, I found her in the pack and play in the living room. She had somehow gotten into it by climbing on the recliner and then jumping in. She was taking every wipe out of the container and had already thrown a few things onto the floor.

After we got home from picking Haylee up at school, I was looking through Haylee's folder with her and I noticed it was quiet. I said, "where is your sister?" and I turned around to see her peaking in the dog door from outside. This kid is going to be the death of me! We keep the dog door closed off during the day (because Natalee tries to escape) but I had it open because we had left to go get Haylee and we had only been home for 2 minutes and I didn't close it yet.

I just can't believe the things this child does. I hope this is normal behavior for some 17 month olds and that mine hasn't went crazy. Haylee never did these things. She was such a good baby, an angel compared to Natalee. It all boils down to the fact that Natalee is a climber. She climbs on everything and Haylee never did. I think I prefer my cautious little Haylee behavior over fearless, crazy Natalee behavior!

On a positive note, Natalee's vocabulary is getting better and better. As of last Friday she started saying "bu-bye!" and it's the cutest thing I've ever heard. She says "baby" and "quack quack" and she has started saying "pat pat pat" while watching Little Einsteins. Josh says she says "football" but I have yet to hear that.

At the end of the day Natalee still cuddles with us and returns to her sweet, innocent self and I absolutely love it. She is calm, still and quiet. I could rock her and read to her all night long. I love my sweet little girl, but she wears me out!

0 comments: