Tuesday, August 9, 2011

1st Day of Preschool

Haylee just finished her 1st day of preschool!


As soon as she got up today I asked her if she was excited to go to preschool. She got the biggest smile one her face. We went downstairs and she wanted cereal and chocolate milk and then she got dressed and I brushed her hair. As we were getting in the car to leave Daddy showed up! He came home to take Haylee to school with me and she was so excited.

On the way there I was reminding her how to say her teachers name. Haylee said, "I think I'll just call her teacher." I said, "I think she prefers you to call her Mrs. Brianne. You want her to call you Haylee and not girl don't you?" Haylee replies, "she can just call me girl."

So we get there and I walk her up to the door. She gets a name tag and tells Mrs. Brianne "I have wipes for you." She wanted to make sure she didn't forget to give her the Clorox wipes. She set her backpack in the basket and I gave her a hug and a kiss. She said "come get me in a little bit ok?" I told her I would and then I left. As we were pulling away Haylee was waving from the front door. She didn't seem scared at all.

I must have looked at the clock a dozen times to see if it was time to pick her up. I guess I just wanted to make sure she was alright and having fun. I missed her so much. Daddy came home again to go with me to pick her up. As soon as Mrs. Brianne brought the kids out Haylee ran right up to me and said "I went to preschool!" Then she told me all about it, "I played with toys, watched a Frog movie, danced, we sing songs, read a My Little Pony book, ate a snack, colored a rocket ship...." and that was before I even got her buckled in! She told me "I love preschool!" I am so glad.

As a little "first day of school" gift, I filled a bucket with a few of her favorite things. A Belle figurine, Ariel puzzle, Rapunzel journel and pen, cotton candy, a windmill and a balloon. She saw it as soon as she came downstairs this morning and she was so surprised. She loves all of it! After preschool I took her to McDonalds because she has been wanting a Happy Meal with a Smurfs toy. We are so proud of our big girl!

0 comments: