Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rest in Peace

Grandma Virgie

January 12, 1924-October 30, 2009

On Thursday, my Grandma went to be with my Dad in Heaven. What a wonderful reunion that must have been.

In just the last 3 years, Josh and I went back to Iowa twice to see my Grandma, most recently being just last summer when we took Haylee. She adored Haylee. When we were there my Grandma was on the ground playing with her until she was out of breath. She loved to watch her toddle around my Uncle's property and she kept telling Haylee she was "full of ink."

I was looking back in Haylee's journal where I wrote about her 1st trip to Iowa. The night before we left we went to Grandma's to tell her good-bye. In the journal I wrote, "Haylee kept playing with Grandma's hair and laughing and Grandma gave her lots of kisses." We all gave Grandma hugs and kisses and as we left she was crying. I tried to keep it in but as we got in the car I just lost it. I told Josh I was just so sad because I had a feeling I would never see her again. That might have been somewhat true, but I most definitely will see her again someday.

My last words to her when I hung up the phone the last time we talked were "we love you!" and she said, "love you too!" I'm glad she knew.



0 comments: