Wednesday, November 25, 2009

In other news....

I find it hilarious the things that amuse me these days...like Haylee going #2 on the big girl potty the last 6 days in a row! I'm so excited. We even had a couple days with no accidents. It's like it finally clicked and she has decided SHE wants to go in the big girl potty exclusively now, and that calls for some celebrating! And that we did. We took Haylee to AZ Mills and ate at the Rainforest Cafe, which Haylee loves because she likes all the animals. Then we took Haylee to the IMAX to see Under the Sea 3D. This was her first 3D movie and I wish I had my camera. Josh and I laughed so hard because she kept reaching out trying to touch the fish. She is too funny. After the movie she rode the carousel and we walked around. We even saw Santa but Haylee just waved and said "hi" from a far. She didn't want to get any closer. He said "hi" back so we told her how nice he is, but she wasn't having that!

We also took Haylee to the zoo last weekend and the weather was perfect but boy does it wear me out. It's too much exercise for this prego girl.

I just love this picture of Haylee and Jackson. They are best of friends and he is so good with her. Everyday when I'm in my craft room Jackson will come lay down and Haylee will go get books and come sit up against him and read to him. It is the cutest thing ever. He is the perfect dog. We even have him sleeping on his own bed by Josh's side of the bed which is a huge change. For the last 7 1/2 years he has slept with us, but he adapts so well with change and is doing awesome. Occasionally when we both fall asleep he'll quietly jump up at and lay at at the bottom of the bed but I'll catch him and he'll jump down right away.




And an update on Josh's knee. Well, he finally has his MRI tomorrow but luckily he started feeling better just a couple days after he hurt it so I don't think it's too bad. He is still wearing his knee brace and has been put on "moderate work duty." He has been taking it seriously....can't you tell.....






Of course, when he first hurt his knee and couldn't even walk he said, "how am I gonna finish the Christmas lights?" Talk about priorities. We just have a few (hundred) lights to put up and then comes the fun part of hooking everything up without too many fuses blowing. After that is all figured out we'll be ready to light up the neighborhood, literally.





1 comments:

Jody said...

That is hilarious! Josh cracks me up!