Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm Thankful

On this Thanksgiving I'm thankful for.....


*My wonderful husband. He is one-of-a-kind. He helps me out so much. I'll come home from being out and instead of relaxing, he'll have all the laundry done, put away, and the house will be clean. He goes above and beyond to make my life a little bit easier. He helps out with Haylee so much too. He always gives her a bath, brushes her teeth and shares bedtime story/cuddle duty with me. He's a hard worker, he gets up at 3:30 every morning to go to work and provide for our family and sometimes doesn't get home till 6:00pm. He has decided to extend his "career path" by becoming a home inspector and has passed all the tests online and just has to take the state test to get his license. He is always trying to better things for our family. He is a great listener and remembers the small things I say. For example, I had told him it makes my day when I get an email saying someone wants to buy a set of my Christmas cards. The next morning I woke up to an email from him saying "I'd like to buy one set of your Christmas cards." It put a smile on my face. He is constantly doing little things or leaving me little notes to make me smile. When we go on vacation or camping he always helps pack and get things together and he always loads the car. It's just the small things I don't have to worry about. He loves to do family stuff-basketball games, Chuck-E-Cheese, Disney on Ice, the fair, dog shows, Amazing Jake's, the children's theatre shows, and all the other things I schedule to keep us busy. He never complains, he just loves to spend time as a family. We enjoy date nights at least 2-3 times a month too and that helps us to have a little break and just enjoy time alone. I could go on and on because I truly have the best husband in the world!

*My sweet Haylee girl. Even though these days she can be a real stinker, I love her so much. She has been doing so wonderful with potty training and I'm so proud of her. She is our little goofball and she is constantly doing things to make me laugh. She is good (most of the time) at cleaning up her messes when Mommy asks and being my little helper. She loves to help with the dishes and laundry and likes to sweep the floor too. She is very smart and has a really good memory. She remembers things that we have said weeks and even months ago. If I'm having an emotional breakdown (for whatever reason) she always pats my head and says, "it's okay mommy." Lately she has been talking about "the baby" and she loves to see my tummy and give the baby kisses. I love how she is a really good girl when we take her places. She'll sit thru ball games, dinner most of the time, and loves to walk around and just be anywhere out and about. I love my little girl so much and I can't wait to give her the little sister she has been asking for!

*Natalee. My sweet little baby growing inside my belly. I'm thankful that after months of trying Josh and I were able to conceive this precious miracle. I pray she continues to grow and be healthy and I can't wait to meet her in the spring.

*Our "little boy" Jackson. He has been the best dog for the past 7 1/2 years and we are so thankful for him. He is so smart and puts up with Haylee, and is so good with her. We couldn't have asked for a better dog.

*My mom, and best friend. I love the times we spend shopping and doing fun things together. I love when we get to take our mother-daughter trips and when we get to hit the stores at 4am on Black Friday. I'm thankful for all the times she watches Haylee for us and for everything she does for us. I appreciate her so much.

* I'm thankful for my brother and sister. I'm thankful for my Dad, and for the memories he left me with. I'm thankful for my Aunt Roxie and her family for making the step to reconnect with us and I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with them. I'm also thankful for the rest of my family for each person in my family has a special place in my heart.

* I'm thankful for Josh's family. I'm thankful they have always welcomed me with open arms and treated me like part of the family. I'm especially thankful for Josh's Dad, Jim, for treating me like his own daughter and caring for me since my Dad is no longer here.

*I'm thankful for the few good friends I have. It's hard to find a good friend, and I'm thankful to have the couple good ones I have.

* I'm thankful we have a home to live in, food to feed us, and I'm thankful for all the things I have in my life. I'm thankful for all the vacations we get to take as a family, all the memories we create and I feel truly blessed!


Happy Thanksgiving!!!



0 comments: