Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Because we were camping on Father's Day, this post is a bit late.




Father's Day is a bittersweet holiday for me. I miss my Dad so much and hate that I can't call to talk to him, give him a big hug, or just laugh at how funny he is. Growing up, I was always such a daddy's girl so loosing my Dad will never be easy on me. I know he would love to be here, seeing Haylee grow up and spending time with me and Dustin. In honor of him (and because we enjoy it a lot) we went camping this weekend. Some of my most cherished memories of my Dad are when we were camping. To this day, we camp and visit the exact spots we did with Dad, we now let our girls "drive" in the woods like we did with Dad, and we go for drives to look for deer and elk like we did with Dad. When I'm in the mountains I feel closer to my Dad.

We took balloons up there and let them go for him and let me just tell you how heart breaking it is to hear your 2 year old daughter saying she sends balloons to the sky for Papa Eggie. How I wish he was still here with us but I know I will see him again someday. Until then, I hang on to my many memories.....



And I definitely don't think it was a coincidence that the wind stopped blowing just as we were letting the balloons go so that they didn't get stuck in all the trees. Neither was it a coincidence that it rained on us the whole way to our camp spot and then the sun came out so we could set everything up and it didn't rain again while we were there. Thanks for looking out for us Dad!


The reason I still enjoy Father's Day is because I see how truly blessed Haylee is to have such a wonderful Dad. Josh is so patient, loving, caring, and just a perfect Dad to little Haylee. He loves her so much and she just adores him. She loves to be his parrot or to ride the "zebra" and she laughs all the time while playing with Daddy. It melts my heart to see the way he is around Haylee and I know I could never have found a better Dad for her. I love Josh so much and am so thankful Haylee and I have him in our lives.






0 comments: