Monday, June 22, 2009

Camping

Haylee and I went camping this weekend with some of my family (Josh had to work). I was worried since it rained on us the whole way to the camp spot but then it cleared up and we were able to set up camp without any problems. After we got things set up we ate lunch and went for a drive. I love taking drives in Dustin's truck because we always have a blast. We saw a few deer and elk, let balloons go for Dad, and drove around to all our favorite spots. After our drive we went back to camp to have grilled cheese and soup- a camping favorite. I made a yummy smore with a peanut butter cup, and then it was pretty much bedtime. It was cold up in the mountains and I had a hard time sleeping. Haylee kept waking up and so I would hear her, everyone pretty much slept lousy. The next morning we ate breakfast and then went for another drive. This time we went to the caves and had fun playing with the crawdads and the snake in a nearby pond. It was hard to keep the girls awake the whole way back to camp, but we did and then it was naptime. Haylee wouldn't sleep, and kept crying so I don't know if she wasn't feeling good or what. By this time it was almost 5pm so I decided to pack up and come home. The only thing I figured we'd miss out on was another horrible night of sleep and breakfast. On our way out we saw a lot of elk and deer and even a baby bear cub. Good thing we were on our way out or I would have been sleeping in my car. We got home pretty late and were exhausted. I had fun and I think Haylee enjoyed playing in the mountains but it's always wonderful to come home and take a nice hot shower!

Haylee driving with Uncle Dustin like I use to drive with my Dad at her age.

Too many bumpy roads put Haylee to sleep.

My Dad carved our names in double log cabin when we were little. You can still see our names pefectly!

Haylee wanted to wear Daddy's camo hat after we got home and I laughed so hard when she put it on Jackson. I couldn't resist a picture of him wearing it too.




1 comments:

Kris said...

Jackson's a good dog. I didn't know you went to the same spot as your Dad took you, how neat. And the carving on the tree WOW! Did Josh ever do your Dad's temple work? That will most definately bring you closer.