Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Surprise....

I was so so so excited that Josh surprised me with a trip to Vegas for my birthday. I can't remember the last time someone was able to pull off a surprise for me without me finding out.

Friday started out just like any other day. Josh "left" for work, Natalee woke up and we were watching tv in my bed. Then Josh walks in and says something like "Surprise, we're going to Vegas!" And being the farthest thing from a spare of the moment person my brain goes into over drive. I'm thinking about the lady coming this morning for baby stuff, taking the girls to SMF at Harkins, my chiro appointment that evening....and the list goes on. Then Josh tells me to get packed because we're leaving right away, that my Mom took the day off so she is taking the girls to the movies and keeping them till Saturday afternoon and then she's taking them to Kayanne's till we get home Sunday. I was so excited!!! I hurried to shower, pack, cancel appointments/meetings, pack the girls stuff for Grandma Kayanne's house and try to gather my thoughts. Within about 2 hours we were off. And surprisingly, for doing everything last minute we only forgot a couple things, me pj's and Josh deodorant. Josh may or may not have wore my deodorant :)

Our luck, it was hotter in Vegas than here. So after we checked in and unpacked we decided to stay cool inside a theatre and we went to see Hangover 3. It was there I found my boyfriend!

After that we ate dinner at Outback and I went to Fat Tuesday's for my 48 oz Peach Bellini. It taste just like a Wallaby Darned and I was in Heaven.
We walked from the MGM Grand down to Planet Hollywood checking out all the weirdos along the way. My favorite was when we found "Alan" from Hangover, looked just like him. I walked up to him and he said "are you a pervert?" And I said "no, are you?" and he said "yes!" He was hilarious.
Saturday we went to Tix4Tonite to get show tickets and then went to get breakfast. We were debating between Zakara, KA (both Cirque Du Soleil) and Blue Man Group. Zakara is brand new so I know it will be around awhile and we've seen like 10 different Cirque Du Soleil's so we decided to try something new and went with Blue Man Group. We walked around Fremont St and played some slots.
I was so excited when I found a nickel Double Diamond Deluxe game at El Cortez. I sat down to play and instantly won like $80 and the guy next to me said "it must be your birthday" and I told him it actually was and he laughed saying "the slots must know because people always have awesome luck on their birthdays." I kept winning $40 here and $60 there but nothing major. It was fun to play and we left ahead.

We met up with Josh's Dad and Step Mom for a late lunch at Macayos and then we headed to our show at the Monte Carlo. I was so disappointed with the Blue Man Group. The last 20 minutes were really cool but the rest of the show was slow.
I really wish we would have stuck with KA. I guess there is always next time.

After the show we went to eat at Bubba Gumps where we got popcorn shrimp and bread pudding. Josh laughed at the "raisin bread" but it was pretty good. After dinner I refilled my Fat Tuesday cup so I had my yummy Peach Bellini for the 2nd night too.
We spent the rest of the night on Fremont St checking out the impersonators. Some were really good, like Tupac and Snoop Dog but some were really bad like this guy trying to be Michael Jackson and this girl trying to be Marilyn Monroe. Always a fun time in Vegas!

Sunday we just packed and headed home. And I was already wishing we were still in Vegas after being home 30 minutes. The girls have been horrible lately. Just constantly bickering, whining and making messes.

But anyways, I am so thankful for Josh and for all he did to plan this nice getaway for my birthday. We had a wonderful time and so far being 30 isn't too bad :)
(Thankful for Josh's Iphone since I left my camera at home.)

0 comments: