Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had such a fun, busy weekend!

Friday night Josh took the girls to the Father/Daughter Ball hosted by our church.

It was at a resort in their ballroom and the girls said they felt like real Princesses.
They danced, visited the photo booth, ate cupcakes, filled their bags with candy from the candy buffet and got their pictures taken.
I love that Josh is such a wonderful Daddy and creates these wonderful memories with his girls. They are so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy.
I can't get over these pictures of Natalee and Josh. We were waiting for Haylee to finish getting ready and Natalee was being such a goofball.
I sure love that little girl!
While they were dancing the night away, my Mom and I were laughing our butts off at Harkins watching "The Big Wedding." Family dysfunction at it's best!

Saturday morning I had my Keurig House Party. I've never used a Keurig but now after experimenting and trying it out, I love it.
It is so simple to use and has way more fancy features than I'll ever use but it's great. Mine makes hot coffee, tea, cider, hot chocolate, iced tea and coffee and specialty cafe drinks like lattes. This could get addicting :)
After the House Party we went to Jessica's shower. My friend since 1st grade. She is having a little boy in August and already has the cutest little girl. I was sitting there with her and her sister in law Lauren (who is having her little boy Jackson today) and I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a little boy. And then I snapped back to reality :) When asked if I was going to have anymore I said "not unless it's a big big accident!" Ya, we're good.

Saturday night was Natalee's turn to spend the night at Grandma's. They had a blast watching movies, playing games and reading books. We decided we'd take Haylee out and have some fun and she wanted to go bowling.
I bought a Groupon deal for Brunswick in Gilbert and that place is awesome.
Not only do they have 44 lanes but I loved how you could customize the "bumpers" coming up for just the people in your group who wanted them.
And aside from bowling they had yummy food (to eat while bowling) and a big arcade game room. We had a lot of fun and will definitely go back.

Today we headed to the zoo Peach Festival at Schnepf Farms. That place was a mad house. Our plan was to eat a breakfast of peach pancakes topped with peaches and whipped cream, pick peaches and buy some peach cinnamon rolls.
Well when we got there at 9am we were told we couldn't eat breakfast until 12pm (they were giving out time return cards) so we decided to go to the bakery and just get some huge peach cinnamon rolls. Well we waited in line for 30 min and then we were told they ran out and the next batch wouldn't be ready for 40 min. We couldn't win. So the girls went on the train ride and then we decided to go pick peaches.
By then Natalee was whining because she was hungry and it was getting hot.
We ended up finding a few good peaches and the girls started eating them right away.
Grandma was the professional peach picker, she found all the juicy, plump peaches. All I found were small, hard peaches.
After that we sampled some of their yummy peach preserves, salsa, dips etc and then enjoyed a snow cone before heading home. Oh and we went to Buttercups Memorial so the girls could leave notes.
Poor Buttercup :( We love Schnepf Farms but it is always so crazy, guess everyone else and their Mom loves it too! We even saw Grant Hill and his family there. Well I didn't know it was him till we got home, but I told Josh "that guy looks like a basketball player or someone famous" and Josh said it looked like Grant Hill and then we even saw him pose for a picture with someone so we knew it had to be someone important. I did my research (twitter) when we got home and it was definitely him. That was pretty neat.

And now it's time to begin another crazy week! Haylee has her Kindergarten Graduation Tuesday, last day of school Thursday, my niece graduates Thursday, we leave for California on Friday and in between all of that I gotta go to the doctor for my back. It's gonna be a crazy busy week!

0 comments: