Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings

Haylee will have to recite a poem in front of the class every 6 weeks and her first assignment was the Pledge of Allegiance. As soon as I read this I was sick to my stomach thinking about how nervous I use to get doing things in front of the class. I also thought "how is she gonna memorize all of this?" Never underestimate Haylee girl, she has the BEST memory ever! She had it memorized within a week and did a fantastic job. Of course I wouldn't know first hand because she didn't want me to come watch her but her teacher (and Haylee too) said she did great. Haylee said I could come watch next time.

While Haylee's at school Natalee has wearing big girl panties and going potty in the big girl potty. She only went in her diaper during nap and the rest of the time she wore her panties she did great; no accidents! I gotta stay on top of it and get this girl trained.

While I was gone, Jackson celebrated another huge milestone. On Sept 2nd it was 5 months since his surgery to remove his Mast Cell Tumor. To celebrate this milestone is a HUGE blessings for all of us. We are so thankful he is with us and healthy. He is beating the odds and proving the doctors wrong and we couldn't be happier. We love our sweet boy and can't wait for it to get cooler so we can go for walks and play ball again.

I need to find a way to boost these girls immune systems. Haylee is taking a separate Immune-C vitamin but the poor girl still picks up everything! She currently has a cough although I'm glad she doesn't feel/act sick. Between school, church and the gym she doesn't stand a chance!

Speaking of the gym, we haven't been in over 2 weeks because the girls were sick and then I was sick. My 30 day free membership expired so it's time to add me on and get our butt back to the gym! Surprisingly I love working out although its not always easy and sometimes I'm sore for a couple days, but its fun.

Finally got the girls' bubblegum necklaces in the mail and I love them. I got Haylee one to wear to school and I got another one with fun, bright colors.
Josh and I are both staying busy with work. He hasn't switched positions yet because they have been too busy to train his replacement. Things should be slowing down soon and he'll start his new position and I think he's looking forward to it. I love what I do and look forward to taking on more! I love working from home and making extra money. Time to start saving for Maui 2013!

We leave in 4 weeks for our week long family vacation in California. I am so so excited to take the girls to Disneyland again! We just love Disneyland :) I've already started praying we are all healthy when it comes time to leave and that we stay healthy while we are there so we don't have to visit urgent care again.

And as soon as we return from Disneyland we gotta get our passports and start planning our cruise. This will be our first cruise and we are so excited to spend our 10th Anniversary in the Caribbean zip lining, snorkeling and partying on the cruise ship!

We're hoping to be able to take both girls and go back to Maui with Mom for 2 weeks next year too but that depends on if we can save enough for airfare and everything else we do there. We absolutely love Maui and had a blast when we took Haylee in 2009. We'd love to go back so the girls can snorkel with us and swim with the turtles!

I can't wait for it to start cooling down. The highs this week stay right around 99-100 degrees so I think there is an end in sight to this hot hot weather! I can't wait to take morning walks, play at the park with the girls and walk to pick up Haylee from school. Not to mention pumpkin patches and all the other fun fall activities! I love this time of year but can't believe Christmas is in less than 4 months. Where the heck did this year go?

Alright time to quit rambling we've got Curriculum Night at Legacy tonight! Haylee thinks it's hilarious we have to go to school and do what she does. Josh is a bit nervous he will have to do the phonograms or Pledge! Hahahaha!!! Haylee wanted to sign up for both clubs offered to Kindergartners so we'll see if there is room. There is a Culture Club and a Sign Language Club. I love that Haylee likes to try new things!
Haylee's handwriting is amazing!

Life is Good!

0 comments: