Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What has Natalee been up to?

Well aside from decorating her room with corn starch and baby powder that is.....

She is 27 lbs. 8 oz. and is 35 inches tall! 75 % for both.

She is still an awesome sleeper (at night anyways). She sleeps right around 12 hours. Her naps were great up until 2 weeks ago when she started taking 20 minute naps and waking up screaming. Now she takes about an hour nap but wakes up pretty happy. I would love to say her nap mix up is due to her getting her 2 year molars but only time will tell. I am praying once those bad boys pop through she'll be able to take good 2-3 hour naps again.

My little girl who was once a pork chop is now picky just like her sister. Most of the time she just plays with her food, throws it across the room or gives it to Jackson. She'll like something for awhile and then suddenly won't eat it anymore. Currently she likes fruit (mostly watermelon), applesauce, bread, mac n cheese, veggie straws, M & M's and jellybeans. Oh, and Otterpops. I can sometimes get her to eat other things but not consistently. It's hit or miss. Maybe that has to do with her teeth too.

She is enjoying all her new birthday presents but so far she loves her Thomas the Train flashlight toy we got her. She also loves to play with the kitchen and food, her cash register and the puppy you snap clothes on. She is really getting into dressing up and is always in her closet putting on her snow hat, mittens, sunglasses and tutu. It cracks me up!

She wears a 2T-3T in shirts and dresses and a 2T in bottoms. That is where our problem is these days. Her and Haylee wear the same size bottoms!

Before Haylee turned 2 I took away her binkie and it was no big deal. Yesterday I took Natalee's away and so far so good. She has asked about it a couple times but I just keep telling her she is a big girl now and had a big girl party and start talking about her party. I am so thankful both of my girls have adapted to change so well.

She has continued to go on the big girl potty here and there but nothing consistent. She is constantly taking off her diaper though. I really need to go full force with it because I think she's ready. I just don't have the patience.
She is talking up a storm. Some of our favorites are - "ohhhhh niiiicccceee",  "banana bread",  "mimi cupcake", "poopie" (that's more of her favorite), "thank you mommy" (daddy, haywee), and I love when she gives Jackson a treat and says "sit!". She cracks us up!

Sadly, Natalee ended up at Urgent Care on Sunday with a dislocated elbow which apparently is very common. Her doctor said that since it happened once it will most likely happen again. I have been "trained" on how to reset it if it happens again. Hopefully I can do it and safe myself the $30 copay. She literally sat with her arm crossed over her belly for about 5 hours. As soon as he popped it back into place she was instantly better. It was crazy. I am so glad she feels better though.

0 comments: