Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving & My Favorite Holiday

Better late than never........

Thanksgiving day was spent at Kaysi's this year. We had a yummy dinner and then us girls looked at the Black Friday ads while the guys talked and the kids ran around.


Josh was my Black Thursday/Friday partner this year and I loved it!

He carried all the heavy packages for me and never complained! We got to Walmart at 9:15pm to find hundreds of people with their carts already filled standing in line to check out. I got a little queasy thinking the things I wanted were for sure gone. I went straight to the garden center where I found tons of Barbie Jeeps which I wanted for Natalie. Josh stayed there with that while I ran all around searching for everything else on my list. Luckily I got every single thing I went after, I was so happy. I even got the last Rapunzel bed set for Haylee girl and that made me super happy. When we got to the car it was 11:15pm, Walmart was crazy and the lines were super long.

After Walmart we went to Target. Their doors didn't open till 12am and there was a line wrapped around the building. In previous years I kinda just rushed the line or pushed my way in when the doors opened (crazy I know) but this year I behaved. Only because the Sheriff was right up at the door and also because there were metal fences all the way around the store!
We waited our turn and got in probably within 20-30 minutes. I was able to find everything on my list there also including Leap Frog games for $14.99 which I had coupons for making them $10.99. That was my exciting purchase there. We left there around 1:15am.

Then we were off to Kohls. I have finally learned the trick to Black Friday at Kohl's. The line is always the worse there thanks to lack of registers, and I usually always spend at least 60-90 minutes in line. Not this year. We got everything on our list, including $19.99 bed sheets (my favorite Kohls purchase) and then I went to the jewelry counter because me and Haylee needed earrings anyway. And if you buy jewelry you can check out at the jewelry counter. My little secret. We were in and out of Kohl's in maybe 30 minutes!

I went home and slept a few hours before I headed out again with my Mom. We went to Ulta, Walmart and Kohl's. I was so tired that day, but all of the deals I got were so worth it.
I really liked that the sales started at 10pm rather than 4am but I think there were definitely more people out because it was earlier. I love Black Thursday/Friday. It's my favorite holiday!

0 comments: