Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Silly N Update

Just a quick update on our sweet baby Natalee. She is now 19 months old and still a wild child. I am very happy to report, that after turning her crib around a couple weeks ago, she no longer jumps out of the crib anymore. I know it's just a matter of time till she figures it out but I'll take the delay because I am not ready to convert her crib to a toddler bed.

I have decided to attempt potty training once the holidays are over and see how she does. She knows when she pees and says pee and poop so she seems more ready than Haylee was when I started training her at 2. Today she was holding herself saying "pee" and usually when I stand up she'll run to the changer but today she ran to the bathroom and wanted to sit on the potty. She didn't do anything but I think she might be ready.

Through all the sickness in our house Natalee has stayed healthy which I am so thankful for. I often wonder if her ears bother her because she plays with her one ear often but my kids usually run a high fever when they have an ear infection. I just have a feeling she'll get a fever Friday when we leave to go up north for the polar express.

So far she is doing awesome with the Christmas tree and all of the other Christmas decorations, except for the little donkey ornament that is! There are certain toys she likes to play with and she pretty much leaves the tree alone.


She is obsessed with light switches. It's funny because I remember doing a post about Haylee and her addiction with switches when she was the exact same age. She is so happy if I put a step stool under a set of switches and just let her flip them on and off.

This morning when she woke up I heard "mama" followed by "mimi" (she was obviously playing with her Minnie) and then she started calling for her "bebe" which is her binkie and that fell on the floor. Between the "mimi" and the "bebe" and the "bobo" I just have to laugh. She cracks me up.

0 comments: