Sunday, November 20, 2011

What a week!

In my last post I mentioned Natalee has gotten better as far as getting into things and being a troublemaker. I was wrong. That must have been the calm before the storm.

This past Thursday Natalee decided to climb out of her crib. She is 18 months. So not cool. She swings her little leg over the side where it slops down then brings the rest of her body over and drops down. She makes it look like a piece of cake. The first time she did it it scared the crap out of me. Haylee and I were laying down and all of the sudden I heard her door open. I jumped out of bed and ran over to her door because I knew the gate at the stairs was open. I asked her what the heck she was doing and all she did was hold out her pinched fingers like she was giving me something pretend and then said "thank you". I couldn't believe it!!! So anyways, since then, she climbed out the next day when she woke up in the morning and after nap. She stayed in her bed all night without any problems. But, yesterday we decided to turn her crib around so the higher sides were towards the front and then the high back of the crib is now the front. So far so good. She hasn't figured out how to escape. I keep telling her to stay in her bed like a good girl and she repeats "good girl" in the cutest little voice.

All last week she has taken a 1 hour nap as well. Not only that, but she wakes up super cranky and ornery. I can't tell if something is bothering her (like her mouth or ear) or if she's just whiny. I wish she could tell me.

Ever since she started escaping from her crib, we've put the gate up in her doorway just in case. She'll just stand there and yell for me. Well today when the gate was at the bottom of the stairs she climbed right over that! I tell you, this child is going to be the death of me!!! So now I'm worried if she does figure out how to get out of her crib again she'll just jump over the gate too. I guess all I can do is worry about it when the time comes, otherwise I will stress myself out.

I definitely think she is too young to put in a toddler bed. I can't imagine her ever staying in there at this age. Our only other option is buying a crib canopy that prevents her from climbing out which is about $80. Looks like that may be her Christmas gift :)

And lastly, her growing vocabulary now includes "cheese!" when I take a picture of her.

1 comments:

Beka said...

haha- wow- she IS determined!!! good thinking turning her crib around:)
Owen has teased and can totally put his foot up and pull his body up like he's trying to get up to tease us, but i just try to ignore it...and so far so good- i know its any day tho....sorry!! i dread the big bed time for kids:) getting out whenever they want....ugh- such a control freak i am:)

i say for go for the crib tent!!!- i totally would- i'm all for kids in cribs till potty trained or 3:)