Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Ramblings

It's one of those Monday's here at our house. Jackson ate the cookies (Haylee made with Grandma yesterday) off the counter during the night so now he's been throwing up. Natalee hit her chin on the tv stand and is very lucky it didn't spilt her chin open, and Haylee is still sick. But, things are looking up!

Poor little Haylee has had a cold for 3 weeks now. For the last week it's been an occasional cough and losing her voice off and on. I just wish it'd disappear once and for all before we start passing it around the family again!

I'm praying Natalee's ear is all better now. We had the doctor check it last Tuesday and she said it looked like it was getting better. I was suppose to stop antibiotics yesterday but there is some left so I'll finish it up to be safe.

During Natalee's nap I put a blanket down and Haylee plays with Charlotte. Most of the time Charlotte sleeps but when I went to check on them Haylee was looking around and said "where is the turtle?" I showed her it was right behind her. She had a sad look on her face and I said "what's wrong?" She said, "I'm trying to watch tv and I can't watch her by myself." I had to laugh. I offered to put her back in her "house" but she wanted her to stay on the blanket with her.

While Natalee and Haylee were playing earlier, Natalee was standing on a container (image that) and Haylee pushed her off and she hit her chin on the tv stand. I'm not sure how she lucked out and didn't split it open, but she has a nice little mark.

Haylee spent some time at my Mom's this weekend playing with Hannah. They were counting when Hannah said "I can count backwards.....3, 2, 1" so Haylee said "so can I" and she turns around (so she's backwards) and counts "1,2,3,4" my Mom told me that and I had to laugh. That's Haylee for ya!

I am scared to put up the Christmas tree and all the Christmas decorations this year. Surprisingly, only one Halloween decoration died at the hands of Natalee but I have a feeling it will be a lot worse when we decorate for Christmas. We'll see.

All 4 of us have now received our flu shots. I never got a flu shot until I was pregnant with Natalee, but I have every year since. I've never really had the flu either, but with having kids and Haylee being in school I don't want to chance it. I've always gotten the girls one and they have never gotten the flu either, thank God!

I think it's safe to say the 100 degree weather is gone for the year. It's been cold the past 2 days so it's time to pack away the summer clothes and bring out all of the warm snuggly clothes.

And last but not least, my favorite holiday is only 18 days away!!!!! This year my hubby is braving the crowds with me and then after we get home at a decent hour my mom and I will go since it's our annual tradition. Since Kohl's is starting their sale at midnight on Thursday, I have a feeling I might be pulling an all nighter. There is something special I am going after for Haylee this year so I hope someplace has it on sale.

Done rambling. Josh just got home and it's not even 3pm!!!!!!! Yippee :)

0 comments: