Monday, August 1, 2011

My Weekly Savings 7/25-7/31 + July Savings


This week I made trips to Walmart, Target and Fry's.

Last Monday I fought and argued till I got my way at Walmart. I have never in my life fought with the manager of a store, let alone 2 managers, but I knew I was right and I was following the rules. Luckily I had my bases covered and everytime they made up a lame excuse I proved them otherwise by showing them THEIR policy. I stood my ground and the last manager finally said (almost yelling) "fine, but never again!" and walked away. That is awesome customer service. My cashier was on my side saying everything was legit and she was even surprised at how the manager acted. Anyway, I was price matching diapers from Babies R Us and I ended up getting 8 packs of Huggies for $18 + tax.

At Target I picked up some Poptarts. I never see a deal on Poptarts so I have been stocking up this month since sales and stacking coupons have made some awesome deals. I paid $1 a box and picked up 6 boxes.

I made a trip to Fry's last Tuesday to get one more Mega run in. I got FREE Sunny D, FREE Kraft Mac & Cheese, FREE Floss, Cheap Avocados (.64 for 3), .25 Tampico Punch and .68 Chips Ahoy. The new sale that started Wednesday brought FREE Toothbrushes, FREE Ivory, FREE Crest (Plus $2 Catalina for every 3 purchased= Money Maker!), Cheap Ground Beef ($18.72 for 14 lbs. of 93/7), 4 Boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios & 2 Gallons of Milk for $3.52, .88 Cans of Fruit, .25 Bandaids, .25 Perioxide and .79 Platex Sippy Cups.
(July 27th Trip = $3.85)

(July 30th Trip = $24.96)

Yesterday I did my last mini trip using competitor coupons since it was the last day Fry's was accepting them. I bought 2 Coconut Milk, 3 Wishbone Dressing, 3 Toothpaste and 2 lbs. of ground beef. I paid $1.15 and received a $2 catalina for the Crest. The bagger girl said "I pay that much for a candy bar and you just bought 9 things!" I went out with a bang!

This past week I stockpiled-

18 Crest Toothpaste (Giving Most of These Away)
11 Ivory (5 Body Wash & 6 3pk Soap)
14 Oral B Toothbrushes
14 lb. of Ground Beef 93/7
6 Boxes of Pop Tarts

You can check the matchups on Sheryl's site to see where I found the coupons to score these great deals. I advise you to visit her site once a day so you don't miss out on awesome deals!

My totals for July are in. The following numbers include anytime I shopped at Fry's, Safeway, Albertson's, Bashas, CVS, Target and Walgreens when I used coupons along with their advertised deals.

Total Out of Pocket= $200.01
Total Coupon Savings (this is just the face value of the coupon)= $325.84
Total Savings (Coupons, Bonus Coupons & Store Savings)= $802.32

Totals so far this year-

Total Out of Pocket= $1102.29
Total Coupon Savings (this is just the face value of the coupon)= $2289.28
Total Savings (Coupons, Bonus Coupons & Store Savings)= $5656.22

0 comments: