Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Ramblings

TGIF

Last week Haylee started sounding congested and had a runny nose. I still can't decide if it's a cold or allergies, but most of the time she has no symptoms, just sounds stuffy. And of course, she doesn't act sick. She's as loud and crazy as ever :)

Natalee is getting 4 teeth. 1 of the 4 finally popped through last week and she has been pretty unhappy. She has had a bit of a runny nose associated with teething and has been chewing on her finger. Poor little girl.

Earlier this week I felt like I was getting sick so I drank an Emergen C and have felt better until yesterday. I'm not sure if it's a cold or allergies, kinda like Haylee girl. I just feel blah!

Last weekend Josh and I cherished time with each girl by themselves. Haylee was with my Mom all day Saturday, going to lunch and to see Cars 2, so we took Natalee out to lunch and to the mall. She loves to play in the play area. She runs all around, climbing on everything and is just as fearless as ever. On Sunday, my Mom watched Natalee and we took Haylee girl to Olive Garden and to see Smurfs. Another fun day.

As mentioned above, we went to Olive Garden because it's the never ending pasta bowl time of year. I have waited an entire year for this to come back because last year I was in love with the creamy parmesan portobello. Well this year, I'm not happy with the new mushroom pasta and I'm mad. I won't be going back 5 times like last year.

My longtime friend Jessica and her hubby Mark welcomed beautiful Adalynn Marie DeVore last Saturday, August 20th at 12:51pm. She is absolutely perfect and I can't wait to see her in person.

(Photo by Lauren Collins)

This week I had an appointment with a list of things to go over with my doctor. I figured if I'm gonna pay a $30 copay I'll get my money's worth. I walked out of there with 2 prescriptions and a lab slip to get my thyroid checked. I also got a DTaP shot and I should be good to go for another year....unless I get sick or whatever.

Natalee loves the movie Rio. It is so cute that she totally zones into the movie and will actually sit with me and watch it. Very rare for my little "on the go, trouble maker" child. She could just watch it over and over and most days she does. Of course, Haylee loves it too so she is always suggesting we watch it.

I am very proud of myself for keeping up with BOTH girls baby books. I need to add a couple pictures to them but for the most part I have kept up with recording all of the memories and milestones.

Haylee just finished her 3rd week of preschool. She gives me a detailed report of everything she did each day when I picked her up, and I mean detailed. She is learning her letters and doing so awesome writing them and also a few words. Since she has her name down, I try to think of words that have the letters in her name and the new letters she is learning, like bee. She does very well and we are so proud of her. She had "letter bag" yesterday and brought things to school that start with the letter D. Doll, dolphin, Donald Duck, diaper, dress, donkey, dog, dinosaur etc. She was funny asking me if certain things started with a "d" while we were looking for things to put into the bag.

My sister moved to Tucson this week. Samantha, Danielle and Timmy are staying here with Daniel (their Dad). She'll come up to visit, and maybe she'll bring Eeggee's. Yum!

Josh started playing softball again on Thursday nights. He is still working late but yesterday he came home at 4:30, I about had a heart attack.

Last weekend Josh was eating a tootsie roll and wanted to know why there were "hard, white pieces" in the tootsie roll. Ya, it was part of his crown he apparently broke. $400 later, that was one expensive tootsie roll.

We had to find a new dentist since our insurance changed. I've been going to the same dentist my entire life. Some changes just suck, and this is one of those, but the new dentist seems nice so we'll give them a chance.

I also had to go to a new doctor too due to insurance changes. Have I mentioned how much I hate our new insurance? I have been to the new doctors office before for small things but just to their "express care" and just saw whatever doctor was on call. The doctor I went to Tuesday was very nice so I hopefully have found my new PCP.

I love how both of my girls clean up after themselves. Haylee obviously has been doing this for awhile but I'm just so proud of her. Whether it's her bedroom being a mess or toys downstairs (mostly from Natalee) Haylee always helps me clean up and actually puts things back where they go. Natalee has recently started picking up her toys too and I think it's the cutest thing. She'll pick up the animals and put them in the bag, she'll put figurines in the box and books on the shelf. I love my little helpers.

Natalee loves to say thank you and she says it all day long.

Yesterday was the perfect afternoon. I wasn't feeling well so I put Natalee down at 12:30 for her nap and Haylee and I layed down also. Well at 3:30 I awoke to Natalee talking in her room. Needless to say, we all had a wonderful nap! I love days like that.

This weekend might just be a low key weekend. Haylee and I are going to Jake's birthday party Sunday but other than that our calendar is empty! I guess we'll enjoy it now because come October, we'll be busy as ever!

0 comments: