Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Ramblings

I love to ramble. It gives me a chance to jot down what has been going on this past week.

I finally started my 2010 blog book. I turn this blog into a book each year and it is an awesome way to preserve memories. I use to scrapbook but find I have little time for that now with 2 kids and other important "hobbies". Although making this book does take a lot of time, it turns out beautiful and I love it. I make my book through Blurb by the way.

While we were at Schnepf Farms Monday for the 4th of July celebration I entered my name to win a big ol' misting fan and I found out I won!!! I was so excited. I only entered to win at one booth and I happened to be the winner. I never win anything!

Everytime I give Natalee a bite of food she says "mmmmmmmmm" it's the cutest thing ever! That girl loves her food.

Haylee is really into what animals bite. She looks through books and says "do elephants bite? Do frogs bite?" and I always tell her "if they have teeth they can bite." She's silly. She's also really into Disneyland and all the rides since Grandma just went. She names off all the rides and asks if she is tall enough to go on them.

Josh is still working till 6-7pm every night. Doesn't leave much time for him to do anything except eat and sleep. Poor guy. Stupid job.

This week I met my long time friend, April, at the mall so our kids could play together. Of course, while at the play area it's hard to catch up because I'm guarding the entrance since Natalee always tries to escape and we both are keeping our eyes on the older kids. It's no longer relaxing to go to the play area :) We had lunch at Wetzel Pretzel and took the kids on the carousel. Natalee is liking the carousel now and I no longer have to take her on the giraffe that doesn't go up and down.

Have I mentioned how hot it is? Although I try to just stay inside, there are days like today that I am determined just to get out and run a couple errands because we all get a little stir crazy. Update: My attempt at getting out of the house with the girls failed. See below.

So me and the girls go to the 99 store because I'm looking for a few things. When we get back in the car I notice the car was having a hard time starting. Ugh. There was no way in heck I was gonna be stranded somewhere with both girls in this heat so we went home. Bummer. Josh took the car down when he got home and sure enough, the battery was about to die. Luckily we have a warranty and got a new battery without paying a dime. So if you're keeping tabs, we now have new tires and a new battery. Both within a month. Wonder what will break next.

We did have an "epic" dust storm this week. On Tuesday "Haboob" rolled through with 70 mph winds. It was 8000 ft tall, 100 miles long and 7 miles wide. It went from light to dark in a matter of seconds and left a TON of dirt/dust everywhere. Not cool. Sky Harbor was closed and several people were without power. I guess I'd rather have a Haboob then a hurricane, tornado or earthquake.



I managed to finish my last trip to Fry's before the Haboob hit. My pantry is now stocked pretty with 20- 12 packs of soda and 15 bottles of V8 Fusion! I also stockpiled some pop tarts thanks to an awesome coupon that came on recently. I love couponing!

And that's about all the excitement from this week. Or at least that I can remember....

0 comments: