Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Staycation in Scottsdale

We did our first staycation this past weekend and I loved it! I loved how we got there and back and our tank was still on full!

We drove up over Friday night and got there around 9pm (that was thanks to Josh's work for scheduling a meeting that lasted till 5pm on the other side of the world). We took the girls in the kiddie pool for a little bit then went to sleep. Sleeping in a queen size bed + a snoring husband + a fish-out-of-water child = no sleep for Shelley.

Saturday we were at the pool all day long. My family came over and swam with us and then we had a BBQ. Nothing like ice cold fruits and veggies when it's 105 degrees out. The water was actually cold in the big pool so we spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool which is only 1 1/2 ft deep.

I had decided I wanted to get a little tan so I held off on putting sunscreen on right away. Well...obviously I held off a little too long so now I'm a lobster with funny "burn" marks on my body!

Natalee loved swimming! She floated around in her tube.
Haylee girl has always loved the water. She liked the kiddie pool the best. She practiced holding her nose and putting her face in the water.
Everyone else just enjoyed some fun in the sun and a good time was had by all.
Later in the evening we piled into our studio room and played games till we called it a night. Well let's just say we didn't get much sleep that night either. Haylee was obviously having some wacky dreams and kept talking in her sleep and thrashing around. Aside from the lack of sleep, we all had a fun weekend and we're looking forward to our next staycation!

0 comments: