Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day might be the most meaningful holiday for me. After all, it means I survived another year being a Mom. Totally not joking either, being a Mom is by far the hardest job. I'd like to say I survived this past year with lots of prayer, learning to have more patience and lots of deep breaths.

I am forever grateful to Him for allowing me to be a Mommy and for giving me these 2 beautiful little girls. I love my little girls with all of my heart.

Today has been emotional for me. I'm not exactly sure why. I started feeling sad yesterday just thinking about today. The only thing I can think of is that last Mother's Day I was so sick and an emotional wreck. Natalee was only 2 months old and I had mastitis and was the sickest I've ever been in my life. I remember just crying all day because it was also Josh's Birthday and our Anniversary all on the same day and I hadn't done anything for him because I was so sick. I felt horrible.

Today the tears started as soon as I opened my cards. Josh seriously must have read through each and every card before picking the perfect 3. One from him, one from Haylee and one from Natalee. They were the perfect cards from each person and when I read them I just cried. I feel so loved.

Josh has gone out of his way to make me feel even more special today. He did all the laundry, has changed every diaper, made me breakfast, went to get me lunch, changed our sheets and bathed both girls. It's just the little things. I feel so loved.

And did I mention what Josh got me for Mother's Day? I have been wanting a new camera for a couple years now but never wanted to spend that much money on me. Josh took care of it, and bought me an awesome Nikon 3100. I feel so loved.
We just got back from dinner at Bucca Di Beppo where we celebrated Mother's with my Mom. I am so thankful for my Mom. She has always been a best friend more than a Mom. We have made so many memories together and have went on some pretty awesome trips together. Before I had the girls, we use to take Mother-Daughter trips. We've went to Oahu, California and Vegas that I remember off the top of my head. Now, we enjoy Mother-Daughter days out where we go shopping, hit up a Starbucks, see a movie and enjoy peace and quite. My mom does so much for me. She watches the girlies so Josh and I can have date nights and she's even kept them an entire weekend for us to go up to Sedona. I love my Mom very much and I'm so thankful to have her in my life.

0 comments: