Saturday, March 12, 2011

Airing Out

Poor little Natalee seems to always get hit the worst when a cold goes around our family. This time was no exception. She started feeling cruddy a little over 2 weeks ago. I took her to the doctor and she had an ear infection. About a week later she woke up screaming in the middle of the night. Nothing we did comforted her. Back to the doctor again brought the double ear infection results. The next few days we had a very sad little baby. On top of the ear infections, she is dealing with the pain of getting her 2 top teeth. And if that wasn't bad enough she had a cough, runny nose and has been congested for the past week. Also she has a horrible diaper rash which I believe is a result of the antibiotics giving her constant diarrhea so she has just been miserable. Everything I read about diaper rashes said to let them air it out as much as possible.

My attempt lasted about 2 minutes and then I was too afraid of what might happen and I covered her back up. I am happy to report that as of tonight, the runny nose and congestion are gone. I heard her cough maybe 4 times today, and since yesterday was the last day of taking her antibiotic, her bum is already looking a lot better. Whew! Now that we are all healthy, I hope we can stay that way. These past 3 weeks of sickness in our house have not been fun. It is time to get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather.

0 comments: