Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Wise

Eat, Play, Sleep.....Eat, Play, Sleep....that's the routine we got going here! We started the baby wise "plan" last Saturday, and I couldn't be happier with the results. For the past week, Natalee has been taking awesome naps (2-3 hours) and she's been sleeping through the night (8-9 hours). She's a happy little girl when she's awake, and I'm a happy Mommy because I'm getting a good nights rest. We moved her back into our room last Saturday (which hopefully isn't the real reason she's sleeping better) and we have continued to swaddle her. She use to bust out of her swaddle nightly, but hasn't since that first night. I have no clue how she gets out of it, I wrap that thing super tight and it velcro's on her. Super Baby I guess.


The only hard part about the whole plan is putting her down awake for naps and bedtime because most of the time she cries till she falls asleep, and that breaks my heart. The crying has gotten a lot better though and she usually only whimpers less than 10 minutes. I just have to keep reminding myself it will all be worth it in the long run.

I'm thankful I was introduced to Baby Wise, it's amazing to know so many people who have used it and have had success. If only I knew about it before Natalee was born....but she wasn't that bad to begin with, so I wasn't complaining. I was getting a lot more sleep with Natalee then I was with Haylee for the first 2 months.

Another downfall, the long period between nursing. Ouch! The first morning she had slept through the night, I had to wake up and pump right away because Natalee was still sleep and I think I was about to pop.


And that was only one side!

(Ya, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to take a picture of "boob juice" but I'm just thankful my milk supply is holding up after everything I went through in the beginning.)

0 comments: