Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Potty Training Day 2

The first half of today was frustrating. I would sit in the bathroom all morning with Haylee and she wouldn't do a thing. But the second I put her pull up on, she'd pee. She acted like she was afraid to go potty in her big girl potty all of the sudden. I had pretty much given up and decided I'd try again in a couple weeks. After nap time I decided I would try one last thing. After sitting in the bathroom for what seemed like 2 more hours, I told her I was going to go turn the air down and I'd be right back. As soon as I left, she went potty. She was so excited and told me she went, and said, "look!" That routine lasted the rest of the afternoon. I could tell she was getting less and less afraid the more she went. Two more times she said she had to go and I would sit her down, say I'd be right back, and she'd go. I could watch her in the picture by the bathroom but she couldn't see me. The trick for the day (which might change tomorrow) was to a)leave the bathroom and b)leave her like this.....


Of course, by evening, it seems all my hardwork is flushed down the toliet. When Dad gets home or we go to Grandma's (which we did tonight) Haylee forgets about the big girl potty and goes on the floor.

But since nap time she's 3-1 and hopefully she'll do better tomorrow. Of course, going #2 is a whole new story. She's been holding it for 2 days! Poor girl.


0 comments: