Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wish Me Us Luck

Since Haylee will be turning 2 (2 weeks from tomorrow) a lot of changes are about to take place in our home. It seems 2 is the magic number for toddlers-in good ways and bad. And yes, we've already had our sneak peak at the terrible 2's. So, yesterday when putting Haylee down for her nap I decided to take away her binky (the easiest of the 3 major changes). Luckily she's always had it just for her nap and at bedtime so I hoped it wouldn't be too bad. She asked for it but I said I didn't know where it was and brushed it off. She cried for just a bit then fell asleep. Then at bedtime last night, she didn't even mention it, cry, or anything. She talked for a little while then went to sleep. Hopefully, she will adjust easily and continue to do good without it.

Haylee has always been good with change since day 1 so I'm hoping the next month or so she will continue to be okay with all the changes because next up, potty training! Any help would be much appreciated because I'm dreading this. I'm gonna start right after her birthday so that will give me time to figure out what my "plan" will be.

The last big change will be moving Haylee (or converting her crib) to a big girl bed. I'm not going to do this till she starts trying to climb out of her crib because having her roam the house while I sleep is scary to think about!

Wish me us luck as we embark on this journey of the terrible terrific 2's!

0 comments: