Sunday, April 19, 2009

Memories

This past week I have thought about the past on more than one occasion. I have a lot of memories that are so special to me, especially the fun summers I spent in Iowa with my Dad and all my friends. Two of my Iowa friends, Lance & Sam, came to AZ this past week and Josh & I were able to go out with them Thursday night. We went to San Tan Flats which was an awesome place that I've never been to. We ate outside and then roasted marshmallows and made smores in our private fire pit. I have known Lance since my first summer in Iowa (14 years ago) so we had a lot of fun reminiscing about the "good ol' days". My Dad was always so fun to be around, making everyone laugh and always doing his best to make sure we had a fun summer- he succeeded every time! I met some amazing friends while I was there and I am so thankful to still have a few of them in my life. I have a TON of memories and stories from my summers in Iowa and it's bittersweet to be able to talk about them. It makes me laugh at all the funny things we did, the crazy people I met, and the fun we had. But, it makes me sad because I miss those days, miss being a kid, and miss my Dad. Iowa, along with all the wonderful memories, holds a very special place in my heart.

Yesterday, Josh & I went to Aaron and Lauren's beautiful wedding. That also brought back a lot of memories about the day that Josh and I were married. I can't believe it's been almost 6 years already. That seems like forever. I am thankful to have a husband like Josh who puts up with me all the time and is so patient with me. I know he loves me very much and would do anything for me. I can't wait to go to Maui (in just 2 weeks) to celebrate our Anniversary flying over beautiful waterfalls in a helicopter and laying on the beach soaking up the sun. Now that is the life!

0 comments: