Monday, August 12, 2013

Haylee and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week!

My poor Haylee girl had a rough week last week.

Last Tuesday I received an email from her teacher-

"I am emailing to tell you first of all how sweet Haylee is.  I absolutely love having her in my class.  I did want to bring something to your attention though. I have been warning her a few times to stop talking to the person sitting in front of her.  It is not entirely Haylee's fault, because this student keeps turning around to her to talk to her.  I keep reminding Haylee not to listen and to just show this student the quiet signal if they are talking, so that they do not get into trouble too.  I wanted to let you know that Haylee was on a Step 2 today and was supposed to lose 5 minutes of recess time.  However, she did not get to owe her time because our school was on a rainy day schedule. Her and I spoke about her behavior today and I was wondering if you could please talk to her too about this?  Thank you for your time and have a good evening!"

Honestly, I am not surprised. Haylee talks from the second her eyes open in the morning till the second they close at night. She is NEVER quiet. I am still shocked she never got in trouble for talking last year.

On Wednesday she had a dentist appointment and she found out she has 2 cavities. Upper teeth, between the back 2 teeth on both sides. These are her first cavities so she doesn't know what to expect but I don't think she's gonna like it very much. Her appointment is September 5th. On a positive note, her bottom tooth is super loose and she'll be losing her 1st tooth soon!!!! I am so sad to see her perfect little teeth start falling out because by the looks of the xrays, she has some big chompers coming in that already look like trouble. I was told to start saving now for orthodontics.
And then on Friday she came in my bed early in the morning just burning up. She said she had a sore throat so I instantly thought strep. Sure enough, took her to the doctor, they swabbed her throat (no fun) and it instantly showed up positive. Luckily after resting 2 days she felt so much better and today she went to school so the worst is over.
(watching E.T)
I feel bad for my sweet little Haylee. I hope she has a better week this week!

0 comments: