Thursday, April 5, 2012

Updates and Biopsy Results

I try to remember that God won't give me more than I can handle but lately he's been pushing it. I can honestly say this past week has been one of the hardest times for me.

We received the biopsy results today. The good news is the Dr successfully removed not only the tumor, but every last cancerous cell surrounding it. The bad news, the stupid tumor was given a Grade 3. That's the worse grade and basically means there is a very high chance it will return and/or spread. One website I looked at said there was a 76% chance it would return post surgery. I read a couple other things too before I decided I will never again google "grade 3 mast cell tumor". It made me sick to my stomach. I have to remind myself that not only was the tumor and all cancerous cells around it removed, but it had not spread at all. His spleen and lungs and everywhere else that the x-ray and ultrasound recorded was clear too. So, I just have to pray that he will beat the odds. I am not ready to lose my sweet little boy. I am however ready to fight for him and so we meet with the Oncologist tomorrow morning to discuss chemo which would be the next step. I hate cancer.


I also hate Jackson's new "haircut". Ok I don't hate it. He is still my beautiful little boy but I wish the person who shaved half off his hair off could have at least done it evenly. Then again, that is the least of my worries right now.
Jackson has been doing amazingly well. He is eating, drinking, resting and taking all of his meds (4 differenet ones) like a good boy. Each day he is getting closer to his pre-surgery self.

Haylee starts soccer practice tonight and looks so adorable in her little outfit. I'll post pictures soon!

Natalee is a nut. She loves to spin around and dance to music. She'll be 2 in 21 days.

There is talk of some big changes with Josh's job. We're praying for a raise!! God knows we're gonna need one with a $3800 Vet bill so far and only a lot more to come.

I'm gonna be taking a photography class soon so I can get the most out of my camera. I can't wait.

Easter came up on me way too fast. That and I've been zoned in on Jackson's stuff for 2 weeks. Haylee and I made jelly bean bracelets yesterday and I'm hoping to make bunnies with their hand prints sometime today or tomorrow. We will dye eggs Saturday morning and then we are going to Bass Pro Shops to see the Easter Bunny and do an egg hunt there. My family is celebrating Easter that afternoon with dinner at my Mom's. Sunday the girls will do some egg hunts here and get their baskets. Jackson will get his basket and do his own egg hunt just like every year. I will make sure to post a video for everyone to see how smart my little guy is! I'm hoping to get a family picture of all 5 of us too.

And maybe I'll start physical therapy next week if I have time.....or maybe not!

0 comments: