Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Festivities

Poor Fred has been so neglected this year. I rarely do anything with him. Luckily Haylee believed me when I told her he's just a quiet elf because he is listening to how she behaves. Next year I plan to have a calendar printed out with something fun to do every night. Today he brought a gingerbread house kit and Friday he's bringing some puzzles for Haylee and some books for Natalee and then he'll leave Friday night. He has to get back to help Santa ya know! :)

The girls favorite thing about Christmas is the countdown I have. They LOVE to open the little doors each day and get a M&M. I love my countdown. It plays music and is just the cutest thing.

Everyday we listen to Christmas music and the girls dance around. We have our tree lights on all day and the lighted garland in the living room. I love Christmas time!
Haylee wrote her letter to Santa this year. It says "Santa I would like 1-dolphin pillow pet 2-squinkies (Josh didn't know how to spell that so it's spelled wrong) 3- books. Haylee" Short and sweet. We also made another one which we mailed to Santa Monday. Hope he gets it!
Friday we went looking at lights. We started at Chris's house which is awesome. The lights are in sync with music and it even snows! Next up was Cherry St. and we walked around the cul-de-sac. I don't know which is cooler, the decorations or their garages! Lastly, we went to the temple and walked around looking at all of the beautiful lights. Another fun night!







On Sunday, Haylee and her Daddy went to The Nutcracker at Broadway Palm. She looked so beautiful and said she had a really fun time. She was sad there weren't any cherries or cookies on the buffet but said she ate hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. I love my sweet Haylee!
While Haylee was gone I started my wrapping. I am happy to report I am pretty much done wrapping (I just have a couple more that just came in the mail)! The girls have 3 gifts from Santa and 5 from us. That includes their Christmas Eve gift of pj's and slippers. I think I am finally done with everything-shopping, wrapping, stockings etc. Just need to put everything under the tree on Christmas Eve.

0 comments: