Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas

This Christmas I was just thankful we were all healthy and able to enjoy all the festivities.


Our Christmas Eve with Josh's side of the family was postponed since a couple people had the flu. We stayed home and let the girls open their present from Papa Jim and Grandma Kris as well as one present from us. They both received Madame Alexander dolls from Papa.


Haylee opened her pj's, Ariel bath doll and Ariel spin brush from us.


Natalee opened her pj's, Christmas blankie and teddy from us.


She wasn't too sure about opening her gifts. She was more interested in the wrapping paper.

After opening gifts, Haylee girl put out some cookies for Santa and then it was bedtime.


Haylee was concerned about Santa coming again this year. She wanted to make sure he wasn't going to come upstairs in her room. I told her he just comes in the front door, leaves the gifts by the tree and leaves. One thing I realized, Josh and I need to perfect our "Santa" skills because we were way to noisy. Luckily both girls were fast asleep within minutes (and stayed asleep) so we were able to get everything set out and ready for morning.




Christmas morning Haylee came in our room and went over to Josh's side of the bed. I heard, "Daddy? Daddy? Merry Christmas." The cutest thing ever! Then she saw me wake up and said "Merry Christmas Mommy." Both girls we up a little after 7am. We went downstairs and Haylee saw her Princess table and chairs and all the presents. She immediately went to get coloring books and crayons to color.


I made some cinnamon rolls and then it was present time.


The girls opened gifts from Santa and gifts from us.



They're not spoiled are they?



I asked Haylee what her favorite present was and she said, "I love all my presents." It was cute because when she'd open a gift she's say, "I always wanted this. Thank you so much." She really liked her Belle jewelry box, her Princess dolls and her scooter. Natalee liked her Ariel baby doll the best. 


Josh got me the best gift ever. I got 5 envelopes, each with $20, and letters that stated what the money was for...breakfast, pedicure, lunch, movies and dinner. Then the last envelope had a letter stating I get a day out without the girls. "No worries, no changing diapers and no screaming." Woo hoo!!! Hands down best gift ever! Sadly, I'm not that creative. Josh got a canvas of our family picture and a picture frame from the girls.


He also bought himself a few things that I wrapped and put under the tree. I did the same. On Black Friday I bought myself 2 sweaters, a jacket and some slippers. Josh is always so creative and can easily find gifts I love but I am just opposite. I can never think of anything to get him.


After opening presents we opened our stockings. Haylee liked her Ariel panties and Princess pez. Natalee liked all of her bath toys.




Jackson was just happy to have a new baby. He also got some treats and other little squeaky toys along with some tennis balls in his stocking. Is that weird our dog opens gifts and has a stocking? Don't answer that.



After nap time my side of the family came over to our house to have Christmas dinner and open gifts.







More spoiling for the kids, awesome gifts cards for the adults (Thanks Mom).



Jackson was in heaven with his new bone.


We played a round of Apples to Apples then everyone left.



We ended up celebrating Christmas with Josh's family Sunday.



Haylee loved getting money from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson (she bought a Rapunzel doll) and Natalee seemed to like all her gifts. Again, I think she just wanted the bows and wrap.



We had a wonderful Christmas. It's crazy to think last Christmas I was pregnant with baby Natalee and now this Christmas she's 8 months old. I hope she enjoyed her 1st Christmas. She got a lot of cute toys and a couple adorable outfits. She is such a sweet little baby. I'm thankful for both of my little girls.


0 comments: