Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bargain Girl

I've added a new job title to the list...Bargain Girl! I came across a site called Bargain Believer which list great deals around town and a lot of free stuff to pick up. From her site, I became familiar with several other bargain sites as well. Now I'm addicted! My first bargain transaction was buying 2 Entertainment books and actually getting paid $1 to do so. Check it out here. There is still time for you to get in on the deal as well.

Another feature I love about these sites is weekly they will list the sales the grocery stores are having and then tell you where to find coupons to make the items free or really cheap. Cents'Able Shoppin! (one of my favorite sites) does this on her site. This is an example for Fry's. Last week during the Mega Event at Fry's I tried it out for the first time. I got all of this-


for $7.87!

Here's what I spent on each item after the sale price and coupons were deducted.

Suave Deodorant FREE
Lady Speed Stick FREE
Right Guard Deodorant .50 x 2
Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste FREE x 3
Crest Toothpaste FREE x 5
Palmolive Dish Soap .49 x 3
Colgate Wisp .50
Spaghettios FREE x 4
Dannon Yogurt .49 x 2
Quakes FREE x 6
Taco Seasoning .19
Granola Bars $1.27 x 2
Foil Pans (for freezer meals) .50 x 2

I saved $82.22 which is a total savings of 83%! And I had to get rain checks for a couple items they didn't have so I'm going back for 3 FREE Softsoap Hand Soap, 2 FREE Oral B Toothbrushes, and 1 Loreal Kids Shampoo for .50. I'm lovin' these deals!

1 comments:

Juli said...

Hello! I just saw that somebody came over to Bargain Believer from your site, so I thought I'd check it out. I'm glad to hear you're loving all the bargains out there. Don't get too addicted, though. :) You look like a busy mama with two young adorable kids. They take up plenty of time. Keep enjoying your kids and bargains . . . in that order. :) Happy saving!