Saturday, December 19, 2009

Santa Baby

I was so proud of Haylee when I took her to the mall Friday to see Santa. We waited in line for an hour an the whole time I heard, "he's not scary" and "I wanna sit on your lap." So I was all prepared to be in the picture with her since I could tell she was scared. We walked up to Santa and he told her he loved her reindeer shirt and that he might use that reindeer for his sleigh. He said, "can I see that reindeer?" and put his arms out and she went right to him and sat on his lap. I couldn't believe it! I was in shock. She got her picture taken then before he could ask her what she wanted for Christmas, she told him, "I want toys!" He then asked her what kind of toys and she told him, "books, a camera and bubbles, and candy." She cracks me up. Santa told her he couldn't promise to bring all that because it wouldn't be a surprise, but that he will come to her house on Christmas Eve when she is sleeping. Haylee was okay with that and told him bye. He was a really good Santa and spent quality time with Haylee. He kept hugging her and she was totally cool with it. After we left I kept hearing, "see, he's nice!" I'm glad Haylee likes Santa now....at least this year!

I love how the 1st year she was as happy as can be, then last year she was terrified, and this year she liked him again.

0 comments: