Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mother-Daughter Baking

Saturday was our annual Mother-Daughter baking day. We started at 10am and didn't finish until about 5:30pm. I was so exhausted and my feet were killing me from standing on the tile all day long. We accomplished everything we set out to do and made 9 different things! We made man's cookies, coconut macaroons, spritz cookies, magic cookie bars, peanut butter chocolate bars, brownies, fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, and haystacks. And we double and tripled some recipes to have enough to go around! It was a fun day. I look forward to the day that Haylee can bake with us too!

On Sunday we took Haylee to Broadway Palm to see Frosty the Snowman. We have been taking Haylee to see the Children's Theatre shows since she was about 6 months old. She loves them and they even keep her attention. It's a really fun time and you get lunch there too.

I have been good this year remembering one of my advent calendars. I filled it with chocolate bells and everyday Haylee will get her stool and ask what day it is. After I show her, she'll open the door and get the candy. It plays several different Christmas songs and has some animated figurines and she loves it.

Lastly, I had to share Haylee's "new look". Ever since I put a pillow in her big girl bed she wakes up with the funniest bed head. I get a kick out of it so I had to take a picture one morning.


0 comments: