Monday, September 14, 2009

What a Blessing!

There is something to be said when the highlight of my day today is Haylee going #2 in the big girl potty! Or maybe it was the fact I didn't loose my lunch cleaning it up since I'm extremely nauseous, either way, less than 1 week from starting round 2 of potty training and I think it's safe to say Haylee is trained! Only one accident since we started, going in the bathroom on her own when she has to go, filling up the potty sticker chart with 40 stickers, waking up with dry diapers, going at stores and restaurants, and lastly, the big #2 which I thought would take forever to get her to go in the potty. But like Josh and I have always said, Haylee is so good with change and she adapts so well. I couldn't be more proud of my little girl. What a Blessing!

This weekend was pretty low key once again. I haven't felt well enough to do much. Josh and I did go out with Jake (Josh's brother) and Merida Saturday night to Lucille's for dinner. I wonder if the server could tell we were both pregnant since we both ordered the feast (salad, 2 kinds of ribs, 1/2 a chicken, tri tip, 2 sides, and peach cobbler for dessert). Of course we did share with our husbands but we ate our fair share, and then some. Their food is so yummy and I barely felt nauseous the whole night. What a Blessing! After dinner we went to see All About Steve with Sandra Bullock-it was pretty cute.

Josh has been so helpful with me not feeling well. He did all the laundry this weekend, the dishes, and basically cleaned the entire house while I tried not to vomit stayed on the couch taking it easy. He has always helped out around the house, but because I always keep up on the majority of the house work, he usually just has the yard and garbage to take care of. It felt so nice to not have to worry about all the laundry this morning when I woke up because Josh had it taken care of (ahead of schedule). I'm so thankful for all he does to help me out. What a Blessing!

But that's just half of it, he is wonderful with Haylee too. Every night (before I was even sick) he gives Haylee a bath, reads to her, and puts her to bed. That is their bonding time since she's with me all day. Since I haven't been feeling well and she seems to be extra snooty, Josh has been helping out more with her so I can take it easy. Haylee has this little attitude that needs to disappear quick, before I go crazy. Her favorite word is "NO!" and she freaks out if you don't sit where she wants you to, or put on the movie she wants etc. We try to tell her to calm down because half the time we don't know what she wants because she is freaking out and we can't understand what she's saying. So dealing with Haylee and her attitude has been very difficult lately.

On Saturday, Josh asked Haylee what she wanted to do that day and Haylee replied, "I want a baby sister." I thought that was cute, but she has a long wait for that! I asked her yesterday what she wanted for Christmas and got the same response, getting closer, but still has a few months after Christmas to wait also.

So as I move along being only 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant (but who's counting) I look forward to the day I feel less nauseous. Until then, I'm thankful to just be pregnant. What a Blessing!


0 comments: