Sunday, August 9, 2009

Past Week in Review

Looking back, we've had a fun, busy week! Because I didn't post anything all week, I'm cramming it all in this one post! We had a "cold" front that moved through this weekend leaving us with temps of 102 degrees so we were all over spending time outside. How sad is that when we actually enjoy temperatures that stay around 100 degrees?

Some Haylee happenings this week...

Haylee loves to wear other peoples shoes around. She'll put them on and say, "look at me mom!" It's the cutest thing ever. I just thought her little feet looked cute in these flip flops of mine.

I love Haylee loves these new frozen pops by Del Monte because they are super yummy and made with lots of fruit which makes it a healthy treat!

Also this week, I introduced Haylee to drawing with chalk on her easel. She loves it and always wants me to draw Mickey and Goofy for her. Too bad I'm the worse drawer! I love the cheesy face she makes when I say, "Say Cheese!"


And, Haylee finally knows ALL her colors! While at Home Depot with Josh, I picked up these paint samples to teach Haylee her colors. They are perfect since she loves Mickey Mouse. She struggled with a couple colors for awhile but now she knows all the basics- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white and pink! Yay Haylee!!! I'm so glad everything is no longer blue when we ask what color it is.

And since everything fun must come to an end (till next summer anyway) we enjoyed some fun activities that end this weekend. Not that summer is anywhere near over for us AZ folks, but since school starts, things change.
Friday we went back to the zoo one last time to enjoy the Starry Safari event. I wish I would have started taking Haylee earlier this summer when it started in June, but we still had fun the last 2 weekends we went. I love how we see more animals out and active then when we go during the day.
My Mom and Hannah went with us this time so they wanted to feed the giraffes. Since Haylee is free, I sent her along with them since she loves to feed them. After feeding the giraffes she always says she wants to feed the zebras next!

And Haylee just loves these little guys. When they saw us coming the all came out from hiding and came right down to see us. I think they were hungry and I was gonna feed them a snack until the zoo keeper reminded me that they are actually on a strict diet. Oops!

We also love the Monkey Village because we can walk through the monkey exhibit while they run around wild. It's a really neat experience to get so close to these adorable creatures.

After taking a horse drawn wagon ride and seeing all the animals we could, we headed over to the fun stuff, like the bouncers.....

and the splash pad before ending the night with a ride on the carousel and a grape snow cone!



Yesterday, we took Haylee (along with Jody and Jake) to Superstition Shadows Aquatic Center. Jody and I have taken the kids there a few times before and we always have fun. It's only a $1.50 for adults and $1.00 for kids so it's a cheap but fun way to cool down. The only bad thing is, they don't allow floaties of any type but this time we tried out their life vest and Haylee was fine with it.

I was only able to get a few pictures before the lifeguard came over to tell me I couldn't take pictures because there are children around in swimsuits. I guess it makes sense because there are sick people out there but I was just in shock when he told me that. What is this world coming to!

0 comments: