Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chocolate is My Enemy

So it seems my cyst is back. All I know is that it's around 2.6 cm and the last time I had to have it drained it was more around 4 cm. Of course I'm wondering why the doctor didn't just remove the cyst last time instead of draining it and now I have to deal with it all over again. I remember going in for a follow up ultrasound after the surgery and it was already starting to fill back up but I was pregnant with Haylee so they were just going to watch it. So, who knows if it's been there this whole time or if it just came back again. It's a chocolate cyst which has something to do with my endometriosis. The ultrasound tech did ask what are plans were for more children and I said, "we're trying." She said, "good. That's what the doctor will want." I don't know if she meant that getting pregnant will help the cyst go away or that my time to have children is limited, because when we were leaving she said "well get on the baby making." Followed by, "that right ovary just doesn't look good and I think you'll end up having it removed." I guess that could be years from now, but no one knows. I think they might leave it alone unless it's causing me problems. The Doctor is suppose to call me to let me know where we go from here. I'm going to ask her if this will make it more difficult to get pregnant. I hope not. Haylee wants a little brother.




2 comments:

megan beals photography said...

I so did not expect this post to be about ovarian cysts based on the post title, haha. But seriously, I hope Haylee gets that little brother :)

megan beals photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.